• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

safety on tube (late night journey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1

Me again! Sorry always wanting some re-assurance aren't I!

I will need to travel on the victoria line next Tuesday after 10pm but before 11pm by myself, Victoria underground to Tottenham Hale, I have done this route before so I know what I'm doing but I've never done it before at night. How safe is it normally? Should I feel quite safe or am I likely to be robbed or attacked in some way? Will there be other people around at that time? Obviously I will feel more comfortable in a carriage with others than by myself. Or would it be sensible to sit in the first carriage as close to the drivers cab as I can get and incase of emergency I can atleast bang on the drivers cab door?

Obviously I know to keep my wits about me, no headphones, keep my phone in my pocket etc, look confident etc.

Anymore tips would certainly be very welcome!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
I expect it will be perfectly ok, and that there will also be others on the same train. Whilst incidents do happen, these are never put in the context of the tens of thousands of incident-free journeys, at all times of the day.

jamesst

I doubt you'll have a problem to be honest, I've done loads of late night tube journeys and never had anything happen.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I'd say the Tube, possibly through familiarity but not only that, is one of the safest-feeling metro networks in the world to me. The very large number of staff and high CCTV coverage as well as lack of vandalism probably all contribute.

You will be fine.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I’ve travelled late at night on the tube and National Rail services thousands of times over the years. I can’t remember any times where I’ve personally felt unsafe.

Don’t believe everything you see on TV or read in the papers.

simonw

I will need to travel on the victoria line next Tuesday after 10pm but before 11pm by myself, Victoria underground to Tottenham Hale, I have done this route before so I know what I'm doing but I've never done it before at night. How safe is it normally? Should I feel quite safe or am I likely to be robbed or attacked in some way? Will there be other people around at that time? Obviously I will feel more comfortable in a carriage with others than by myself. Or would it be sensible to sit in the first carriage as close to the drivers cab as I can get and incase of emergency I can atleast bang on the drivers cab door?

Obviously I know to keep my wits about me, no headphones, keep my phone in my pocket etc, look confident etc.

The chances of anything untoward happening to you or anyone else on the tube are so small as to be not worth bothering about.

London isn't that kind of city, despite what you might read.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member

You’ll be absolutely fine. I’ve been taking the Tube on my own after midnight since I was about 15

Status
Not open for further replies.