• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sail and Rail to Isle of Man - pricing error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc84

I've reviewed EMT and VT and they arent offering return tickets for a couple of dates that i checked. Route is Glasgow Central (GLC) - Douglas Isle of Man (DGS). Its possible to buy an open return, but it isnt possible to buy a return ticket. The system will offer two singles.

VT website online chat were useless and told me to call telesales.

Booked an open return as a workaround

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

barrykas

Established Member
I've reviewed EMT and VT and they arent offering return tickets for a couple of dates that i checked. Route is GLA-DGS. Its possible to buy an open return, but it isnt possible to buy a return ticket. The system will offer two singles.

GLA isn't a valid three letter code...Assuming you mean Glasgow Central (GLC), the following fares are given in The Manual:

Anytime Day Single: £78.00
Economy Return: £79.00 (£58.00 with Railcard)
Low Saver Return: £106.00 (£74.50 with Railcard)

The Economy Return isn't valid on Fridays, nor on Saturdays and Sundays between June and September inclusive.

A quick look at Trainline shows that they don't have the LSR in their database. Should be available from stations though.

Cheers,

Barry

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I think there is an issue with the fares (well the ferry reservations to be exact) to Douglas (via Liverpool or Heysham Port), I've had difficulty getting returns to issue on FasTis with the ferry reservations, though it would do singles happily.

General Zod

Seem to have problems getting returns on a lot of websites ; most offer singles only. I'm looking to go over to the Isle of Man during the summer and will probably book the rail and ferry legs separately. You can pick up "special offer deals" from http://www.steam-packet.com/ who sail to Douglas from Liverpool, Birkenhead and Heysham. A "Footloose" return ( from Liverpool) can cost as little as £41. Add on a couple of cheap advances and you can easily get yourself a return trip from London for considerably less than £90.

Status
Not open for further replies.