• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

sailrail to Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_dirt

I have to travel to Dublin on Friday in a last minute rush.

I want to travel from Tulse Hill to Dublin Irish Ferries, taking the 7.10 out of Euston.

There are no options to buy this ticket on the train selling websites, only the later crossing.

I have checked Irish Ferries' website and there is definitely capacity for foot passengers on the ferry.

Can I buy a ticket from a ticket counter in a station?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I am 95% sure the answer will be no. SailRail tickets, I'm led to believe, take up a separate quota altogether on the ferry. Once they're sold, they're sold.

I stand ready to be corrected (as there are a few ticket office types better versed in SailRail than I).

sonic2009

Established Member
Please look here.

I'm managing to get a single from Tulse Hill to Dublin Port (Irish Ferries) for £43.00 Advance or £48.00 booked on the day.

sonic2009

Established Member
Screenshot of Arriva's Website

Attachments

• Ufffffffffntitled-1.jpg
    Ufffffffffntitled-1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 24

big_dirt

For some reason I cannot see that fare, only the one for the later journey. ATW's website is infuriating but I can't even see it on the trainline.

sonic2009

Established Member
Click the link i have given.

And type in Tulse Hill to Dublin Port (Irish Ferries), then the date you wish to travel, number of passengers and then click search.

It will give you the times, and then click check fares and availablity. Then the above screenshot i gave should come up :)

big_dirt

I just can't get it to work. The earliest departure I am seeing is 07.59. I need 2 adult tickets but have tried it with one adult as well.

I can't think why I can't see it. And haven't been able to since before I started posting.

Please see attached.

Attachments

• atw tix.jpg
    atw tix.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 7

big_dirt

If I try to click for an earlier train, it gives me a train leaving TUH at 18.12 the day before.

If I select the starting station as Euston it will sell me ticket to Dublin but then I have to pay for 2 singles from TUH to EUS.

Any ideas? I am at the end of my tether!

big_dirt

And just chance getting on at Tulse Hill? I suppose if I go via London Bridge I can say that I got on at Herne Hill and took the FCC to Tulse Hill and changed on to Southern to London Bridge.

I just can't understand why you were able to get a price earlier, I never could and now you can only get one from Herne Hill.

The whole system is infuriating!!!! <(<(<(

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I enquired for a departure time of 0400 and was getting the same itinerary as sonic2009 leaving on the 0557.

sonic2009

Established Member
I have just double checked myself again for Tulse Hill to Dublin, and i'm also getting again a departure time of 0557.

Attachments

• Arriva Wales.jpg
    Arriva Wales.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 6

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
To the OP - have you exited the site and cleared your cookies? Often helps with a lot of website glitches.

barrykas

Established Member
I'm seeing availability for Tulse Hill - Dublin Ferryport (Irish Ferries) route Holyhead Swift CIV for the 05:57 from Tulse Hill via London Bridge on Journey Planner (formerly RJIS). Advance tickets for £43.00 each and Standby tickets for £48.00 each.

big_dirt

I got it by putting in 4am, thanks everyone and specifically bb21.

I think it must be some form of cookies issue.

I noticed that the departure was in proper case and destination in capitals when I couldn't get it to work.

When it finally worked, the departure was in capitals as well.

Who knows? Not a very good customer experience.

bkhtele

That is a useful tip about the cookies, sailrail via web sites are difficult, last time I almost completed and it told me to phone.

Yes you can buy at your station, although Euston is particularly good. For £5 extra you can buy the standby ticket that means you can choose your train & route but you must still book the ferry. There is almost always availability (except for ash clouds & Xmas) Lots of useful detail on seat 61 website

Ireland.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.