• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sankey to Beeston

Status
Not open for further replies.

exile

Established Member
Hi folks

There is no return fare available Sankey to Beeston. Out Friday, back on Monday. Brfares says it's available but nationalrail.co.uk says not, and so does trainsplit.

However - Widnes to Beeston is available (£49.20 off peak return ). Also - Warrington to Beeston (same price). Also - Sankey to Nottingham, same fare!

What's my best option that stays within the rules? I certainly don't want to buy 2 singles (much more expensive). Logic suggests Widnes to Beeston is valid, since Sankey is on the route, whilst Warrington to Beeston wouldn't be valid (and I've then have to buy 2 extra singles at £2.70 each). Perhaps Sankey to Beeston would be valid on a Sankey to Nottingham ticket?

cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The SVR fare from Widnes allows break of journey both ways and has the same restriction CG as the Sankey one, so that's fine. I haven't checked Sankey to Nottingham but I'd expect it to be the same.

As you say, Warrington to Beeston isn't valid.

John @ home

Established Member
There is no return fare available Sankey to Beeston.
Virgin Trains East Coast offer these Sankey - Beeston Return tickets:
  • Off-Peak Day Return (CDR) £31.70 (Mon-Fri: Not before 09:00).
  • Off-Peak Return (SVR) £49.20 (Mon-Fri: Not before 09:00).
  • Anytime Return £64.00.
Outward, they suggest four changes at Warrington Cen, Manchester Pic, Sheffield and Derby. On the return leg, only two changes at Nottingham and Warrington Cen. Other permitted routes are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.