• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sarah Siddons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oracle

Established Member
From another forum:

I have heard from an extremely reliable source that Sarah Siddons is being restored over the next few months by Metronet back to NR/LU Traction Current standards.

I am led to believe that it will then be used for Charters and Railtours, though mainly on the National Rail for the time being.

I gather from those in the know at the time (going back to the Eighties) that it is quite straightforward to convert her to 3rd rail. The same was done with the original standard stock track recording train as well.

Oracle

Established Member
It should have been on the first tour in June which I was booked on but it was still on blocks in Ealing Common Depot when they cancelled it! The second tour ran though.

Established Member
Be good to see her back out, a complete beast of a machine.

When did she last work? I last had her at Steam on the Met in '98, i think there was one a year later then that game finished.

Will it be allowed out on the main line these days, what with OTMR/TPWS etc...costly job if to be fitted

kettlefan

Be good to see her back out, a complete beast of a machine.

When did she last work? I last had her at Steam on the Met in '98, i think there was one a year later then that game finished.

Will it be allowed out on the main line these days, what with OTMR/TPWS etc...costly job if to be fitted

the cabs look like H&SE nightmares too!

westcoaster

Established Member
she is on a rail tour this weekend timings are below
London Transport No. 12 Sarah Siddons returns to the main line and back to London Underground

The stock to be used will be the former Southern Region (BR) 4TC unit and diesel back up will be provided by Class 20 No. 20227.

The full timings for the special are:
Neasden Depot 11.42 (empty)
Wembley Park (platform 1) 11/48
Harrow-on-the-Hill arr 11.54 (entrain)

Harrow-on-the-Hill (platform 1) dep 12.05
Moor Park 12/14
Watford South Junction 12/16
Rickmansworth 12/19
Chorleywood 12/23
Chalfont & Latimer 12/2
Amersham arr 12.32
Amersham dep 13.41
Chalfont & Latimer 13/46
Chorleywood 13/51
Rickmansworth 13/55
Watford arr 14.03
Watford dep 14.05
Watford South Junction 14/10
Moor Park 14/12
Northwood 14/15
Northwood Hills 14/18
Pinner 14/20
North Harrow 14/23
Harrow-on-the-Hill arr 14 27
Harrow-on-the-Hill dep 14 37
Wembley Park 14/44
Neasden Depot arr 14.50
Neasden Depot dep 15.27
Wembley Park 15/33
Harrow-on-the-Hill 15/40
Rayners Lane 15/45
Ruislip 15/51
Ruislip Siding arr 15 53 - 16.00
Ruislip Depot 16 08
from the railway centre

T

Tom

Looks like someone didn't heed the warning about not making internal publications public..... :roll: (not you, westcoaster).

Aaron

dont think that miss siddons will ever run again to be honest. not in the new world of health and safety and cost watching

DavyCrocket

dont think that miss siddons will ever run again to be honest. not in the new world of health and safety and cost watching

WHAT U ON ABOUT!!!!

Sarah Siddons will officially be handed back to London Underground from Metronet Rail in a ceremony for invited staff and guests, this Sunday!

RJ

Established Member

Have a look at District Dave's forum. There is more info on there.

Snapper

Established Member
WHAT U ON ABOUT!!!!

Sarah Siddons will officially be handed back to London Underground from Metronet Rail in a ceremony for invited staff and guests, this Sunday!

She's been given an overhaul by Metronet, so there's no reason why she won't see more use in the future.

Nathan

Does anyone know of any alterations to the plan at present? Tom is at London now and he wouldnt text me otherwise if suspected something had changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.