• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sat 10 July 2021 - Brighton Mainline, East Coastway, Seaford Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Magstripe

Hello. Might anyone have the inside track on the likelihood of there being engineering works happening on any of these lines on Saturday 10th July?

National Rail's Temporary Timetable Changes page currently shows that for Southern services, the planners are currently only accurate to Saturday 12 June (i.e. a week on Saturday).

I appreciate Covid has thrown a spanner in the works, but pre-Covid there had already been another spanner in the works for a quite some time that meant timetables were only getting confirmed later than normal. It all makes forward planning a bit difficult!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I13

The amended timetable for that weekend has already been uploaded so you should be fine to book now. This is currently the latest weekend that is available for booking.

Mr Magstripe

The amended timetable for that weekend has already been uploaded so you should be fine to book now. This is currently the latest weekend that is available for booking.

Sorry I should have been clearer.

It seems that the timetable is not yet finalised for some routes that weekend, including the aforementioned lines.

Searching for journeys on those lines on that date (10/6/21), NRE shows the yellow triangle with exclamation mark symbol along with this message:

It is not yet known whether this journey will be affected by engineering work. Please check back closer to the time of travel.

Additionally if you look on the National Rail Temporary Timetable Changes page I mentioned earlier, in the drop down information for Southern (scroll down and look under 'Latest information – by train company') it states that the Saturday timetable is currently only confirmed up to Sat 12 June (likewise Sundays only up to 13 June). Ditto Thameslink.

I13

I'm not sure what counts as finalised on the National Rail website or if that's simply outdated, but I can tell you that what is in journey planners now for that weekend is what is due to run, including for Southern and Thameslink. There may be small tweaks, or additional changes in the event of any extra last minute engineering work, but you should be fine to book now.

Mr Magstripe

I'm not sure what counts as finalised on the National Rail website or if that's simply outdated, but I can tell you that what is in journey planners now for that weekend is what is due to run, including for Southern and Thameslink. There may be small tweaks, or additional changes in the event of any extra last minute engineering work, but you should be fine to book now.

Thanks.

For what it's worth, I still get the "It is not yet known whether this journey will be affected by engineering work" message from NRE when looking for journeys on that date, e.g.:

NRE_screenshot_.png
[Screenshot from NRE app showing a Brighton to London Victoria journey on 10 July with the warning of potential engineering works disruption.]

I also get a similar message from Southern's journey planner:

SR_screenshot_.png
[Screenshot from the Southern website for a Brighton to London Victoria journey on 10 July, showing the same warning.]

I'll probably proceed with planning the day anyway. It's less a case of booking tickets - I imagine we'll be using walk-up tickets - more a case of 'booking in' the arrangements with other people.

LA50041

Established Member
Hello. Might anyone have the inside track on the likelihood of there being engineering works happening on any of these lines on Saturday 10th July?

National Rail's Temporary Timetable Changes page currently shows that for Southern services, the planners are currently only accurate to Saturday 12 June (i.e. a week on Saturday).

I appreciate Covid has thrown a spanner in the works, but pre-Covid there had already been another spanner in the works for a quite some time that meant timetables were only getting confirmed later than normal. It all makes forward planning a bit difficult!

There shouldn't be any works along the BML or east coastway that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.