• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sat Only Sheffield to Cleethorpes via Brigg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next month I am planning on doing the Sheffield to Cleethorpes line via Brigg. I am wanting to know what is normally allocated to the following services

0803 Sheffield to Cleethorpes
1203 Sheffield to Cleethorpes
1601 Sheffield to Cleethorpes

I understand that one of return services attaches to a 153 at Cleethorpes for the return back to Sheffield, any info on this would be appreciated as well (also is the 153 on that service locked out of use) or is it all open to passengers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6975

Established Member
It was a 142 when I did it. (return working off the 0803)

Last edited:

Grimsby town

I'm not sure what is officially booked on it but most of the time it is either a pacer (all types) or a 153 but it really can be a lottery. I used the service once and it was a 158! I've also seen a recent picture of a class 150 running the service.

Agouldthorpe

Trains on this route are normally 142 or 144 The 153 is attached at Cleethorpes for return to Sheffield (unit previously used on the Barton on Humber Cleethorpes service) Usually return via the last Cleethorpes Sheffield service but can go early if the unit is required for other duties. The 153 is locked out of use.

Next month I am planning on doing the Sheffield to Cleethorpes line via Brigg. I am wanting to know what is normally allocated to the following services

I understand that one of return services attaches to a 153 at Cleethorpes for the return back to Sheffield, any info on this would be appreciated as well (also is the 153 on that service locked out of use) or is it all open to passengers?

Triumph

0803 & 1203 are booked for a Heaton 142/0
1601 is booked NL74 144/2
Nothing attaches at Cleethorpes for the return working as far as I can see as they all arrive back at Sheffield on there own.

Status
Not open for further replies.