• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Saturday Day Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmersears

Established Member
What may potentially be a bizarre question, but how many separate tickets should I expect to receive if I've booked a Stockport to London Zone 1-6 Saturday day Travelcard, and when booking a reservation for the outward VTWC service only?

I ask because I've only received two, one of which is my outward reservation. Having never purchased the aforementioned tickets type before I'm slightly paranoid I should have more tickets?!

And am I also right in thinking that I can get on any Euston > Stockport VTWC service on the return journey?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
If it's a Travelcard, i'd assume the ticket is marked as being between Stockport and London Zones 1-6 with DAY TRAVELCARD printed across the top? In which case, i'd assume that's all you need. It'll act as a return to London and a travelcard within the zones.

Romilly

Established Member
The travelcard will be a single ticket covering the outward journey to London, travel within London and the return journey from London.

So you will have the travelcard, and the outward reservation (and probably a collection receipt if you booked online and collected the tickets from a ticket machine).

D6975

Established Member
A few weeks ago I travelled on an advance Temple Meads-PAD plus travelcard and got 3 bits of card, ticket, reservation and travelcard. That could have been because the advance was a GWR special offer though.

The travelcard actually cost more than the ticket to Paddington, first time that's ever happened to me.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Presumably this single ticket is in the new layout? Otherwise I'd expect multiple tickets?

As far as I know, all Day Travelcards are still being printed using the old layout - so the two coupons of one ticket (to cover all travel to/from/around London) and the outward reservation is correct.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Presumably this single ticket is in the new layout? Otherwise I'd expect multiple tickets?

Saturday Day Travelcards issued in the 'old' style are one travel ticket plus atleast one reservation coupon. I don't know if this ticket type has a 'new' design yet.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Saturday Day Travelcards issued in the 'old' style are one travel ticket plus atleast one reservation coupon. I don't know if this ticket type has a 'new' design yet.
It would have to be agreed with all the other companies on which Travelcards are valid (London Underground, London buses etc.) wouldn't it - so perhaps isn't going to happen. I suspect this is also why out-boundary Off-Peak Travelcards don't show their restriction code on them, to avoid the hassle of having to negotiate a change in layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.