• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Saturday Jobs at stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi all, Im looking for a saturday job at a station but i dont know how to go about it, do I pop in and ask if they have any sat jobs going?

id be looking to work 0800/0900-1600/1700

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It might not be as simple as walking in and 'gizza job' but you never know, it doesn't hurt to try.

Mintona

Established Member
Not going to happen. Try a Saturday job in a supermarket whilst you are still in education, then go for a railway position in a few years when you have customer service experience. That's what I did, didn't do me any harm.

Established Member
Not going to happen. Try a Saturday job in a supermarket whilst you are still in education, then go for a railway position in a few years when you have customer service experience. That's what I did, didn't do me any harm.

Cheers pal, anyone wanna borrow my Tesco discount :lol:, just need the cash while im at college, ta pal :D

me123

Established Member
Supermarkets are by far your best bet, as they are busiest on the weekends. You also get valuable customer service experience for a front line job later on.

The railways peak, however, are the morning and evening rush hours. As a student, that's not a great time to work! Weekend employment on railways is easily covered by existing staff. However, you never know, you may well get a weekend position cleaning toilets or something if there's a vacancy.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I'm sure XC take on part time staff at new street etc.? What sort of hours it is I don't know mind?
You'd be better off going into retail or something, tescos etc. I worked at mcdonalds for 2.5years while in 6th form, didn't do me any harm and I became a shift manager whilst there. Not the best job admitted, but it'd paid reasonably well, shifts quite flexible - sometimes I miss it because it was one hell of a laugh. But it gave me good experience and I'm on the railway now ;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm sure XC take on part time staff at new street etc.?
Yes they do, and a new bunch of people started about a month ago so I doubt any more will be coming up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.