• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Saturday's Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
Polish School finished at 13:30
I walked quickly to Clapham South
So I could catch the 13:39 Northern line (High Barnet via Bank)
to Bank, I arrive at Bank at 13:59 (20mins journey)
I rushed quickly to the Central line (First Carriage Northern line Northbound>Bank) and I took 14:02 Central line (Woodford) to Liverpool Street, I saw Penny Black 90019 on platform 7 with a rake of mixed MK3s and DBSO at the front :(
So I decided to take the 14:28 OWA Cambridge Train to Tottenham Hale, it was formed of a Refurbished 317/6 (it makes a big difference!!)
I got off a Tottenham Hale
and I decided to take the Victoria line to Oxford Circus and then rushed to the other platform for the Southbound Bumpy line (bakerloo line) to Piccadilly Circus, I then crossed to the other platform and took photos of the 72MKIITS
Then I took the train down to Embankment and changed for Circle line for Victoria
I took 15:36 BEX (Brighton Express) to Clapham Junction
I waited for the Silverlink 313 to come to platform 17, to my suprise it didn't as this morning it went to platform 17, then I took 16:08 Silverlink to Kensington Olympia, I saw D-stock Refurb on T152 Olympia Shuttle (There is always a guarantee that you will get a D-stock Refurb on a Olympia Shuttle)
Then I took 16:45 to Willesden Junction, I got off at Willesden Junction, I saw the cl47854+57601 passing by (cl47 was clagging like a steam engine!!)
Then I took 17:08 Silverlink to Kensington Olympia, I decided to wait for the class 92 that was meant to pass later, (it didn't turn up :( ) While waiting a Cl373 Eurostar unit roared past (*** Holland-on-rail, use Olympia as location for Eurostar ECS) I took T152 Refurb-D78 to Earl's Court and I crossed to the other platform to find a Refurb D78 for Wimbledon (COOL!!! Double Refurbs!!!)
I got off at West Brompton and went home

That was my day

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
Julian G said:
(There is always a guarantee that you will get a D-stock Refurb on a Olympia Shuttle)

Not necessarily! It's not at all uncommon to find both of the Olympia services being worked by unrefurbished stock simultaneously.

RJ

Established Member
Like today :). You even get C-Stock running direct to Edware Road from Olympia.

Status
Not open for further replies.