• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Save the Berney Arms pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettica

There's two trains each way per day from the Berney Arms station, four on a Sunday. If there's the demand I believe they'll put on extra trains. It's a nice walk along a footpath towards the water to the pub. It's less than 1km.

As for the launch party, there's the chance we'll release extra tickets at a later date depending on how many people we already have coming along from the current rewards.

We'd be very open to the idea of a separate forum meet/party too!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
With their current DMU shortage it is unlikely AGA will be running extra trains via Berney Arms any time soon, so I wouldn't rely on that in your business plan.

Established Member
The timetable was altered a few years ago to make the times more suitable for a lunchtime drink. But any notion of running additional trains on a regular basis is just as financially viable as the pub itself, unless the new franchise holder is feeling particularly benevolent.

a1a.a1a

23% raised and 13 days to go.

How's that compare to other crowd funding thingys?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
This would be a solid investment for someone who wished to turn it into a decent private house.

The pub will not survive I'm afraid.

Jettica

Hey folks!

Momentum is growing and we're way over the £11k mark.

For those of you who were interested in joining us for the launch party, we've added a new reward: 10 tickets for £120. Perhaps something you could band together to purchase.

Thanks to those of you who have supported us this far!

www.crowdfunder.co.uk/berney-arms

This would be a solid investment for someone who wished to turn it into a decent private house.

The pub will not survive I'm afraid.

Planning permission was denied on turning it into a dwelling.

Last edited:

Rich McLean

Established Member
Personally as a pub, it won't work.

If it can't be turned into a dwelling, how about a B&B and re-configure it internally, so that the bar area is made smaller, reduced to a smaller scale, while offering more accommodation, as a country retreat. Also how much land is attached, as a camp site would be a an idea also.

It would cost a lot more money to do that, but far more chance of getting a half decent return on it.

Jettica

Apologies if some of you have already seen this.

We're close to being able to issue our community share offer but before we do we'd like to gauge the interest out there.

In short, the community share offer will allow you to invest in the pub from £100 up to £20,000 and benefit from tax relief of between 30 and 50 percent, which we think is pretty good.

Any purchasers of shares who pay income tax would be eligible for income tax relief through SEIS/EIS against their investment in the Berney Arms Inn Community Pub Limited, subject to certain conditions. If you’d like to find out more, get in touch for further details.

Our intention is to raise enough money to buy and refurbish the pub. So we have one question, are you interested? At this stage there is absolutely no commitment, it’s just good to know who’s on board.

https://jetsocial.typeform.com/to/GJEG7E

a1a.a1a

Hi, sorry I'm not really up on all this...

I think you are after cash which if/when successful will pay dividends as the pub makes money?
How would I go about taking my cash back in say five years...is that realistic/possible?

The linked page doesn't appear to have anything on it (just a welcome text), where should I look please for info/contact?

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.