• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SCAAT test Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Hateley

Friend of mine did the SWR assessment day for commercial guard 2 weeks ago. She passed and then they sat down with everyone that passed and they offered interview dates to them all. The interviews were for 2 days after the assessment and the following week ! She couldn't make those dates so hers is tomorrow :)

She said it was colour blindness test first, (1person failed !), then 3 written tests, they are marked and 6 failed then you do 2 more tests, 2 failed and the 4 left did the last test which is the ticket selling test.

After the different stages of the tests you all sit in a room together (tea coffee etc) and if they come in and call you name then its feedback time and goodbye.
That's unreal, I had my assessment for commercial guard (Yeovil) in October, passed on the day and haven't heard a dickie bird since!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Angusburgers

Hi all

As promised i said would check in and am delighted to say i passed the assessment day with an interview hopefully within the next few weeks.

There must have been at least 30 of us turn up and i was one of 5 remaining.

Thank you all for your help once again and so it now begins to start prepping for the upcoming interview !

Can i pick your brains on what to expect for the interview ?

MiNi

Hi all

As promised i said would check in and am delighted to say i passed the assessment day with an interview hopefully within the next few weeks.

There must have been at least 30 of us turn up and i was one of 5 remaining.

Thank you all for your help once again and so it now begins to start prepping for the upcoming interview !

Can i pick your brains on what to expect for the interview ?
Excellent news,very well done.
I hope my input helped you.

AMM72

Well done! It's a strange day with people constantly being called out.

I was asked what I knew about the role, what I knew about SWR. Why I wanted to work for them/do the job.

There was a question about anti social behaviour and if I had encountered it and how I dealt with it. One about working as a team. One about customer service. One about managing expectations. I think that was it.

Angusburgers

Well done! It's a strange day with people constantly being called out.

I was asked what I knew about the role, what I knew about SWR. Why I wanted to work for them/do the job.

There was a question about anti social behaviour and if I had encountered it and how I dealt with it. One about working as a team. One about customer service. One about managing expectations. I think that was it.

Ok thank you for that that is helpful !

Was there a practical part in which you are told to jnteract with the public at all which seems to be cropping up ?

Although this could be only for commercial guard a.k.a ticket selling ?

Thanks again for the info

Chumba

Ok thank you for that that is helpful !

Was there a practical part in which you are told to jnteract with the public at all which seems to be cropping up ?

Although this could be only for commercial guard a.k.a ticket selling ?

Thanks again for the info

my mate has her interview today for commercial guard, I’ll let you know what it was like

AMM72

No they mentioned that and asked what I would do in that situation but didn't actually go down to the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.