• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SCAAT test how many rows should you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth43

Does anyone know how many rows one needs to aim for in the SCAAT test in order to pass?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david_VI

Like the GBT noone seems to know the pass mark, its a secret! I think it varies depending on what the standard is so they can narrow it down further.

W230

Established Member
To give you a hint, I 'passed with flying colours' and didn't get even near halfway down each page!
I also passed (no idea if it was with flying colours!), and was getting around a quarter to a third of the way down the page, on each page.

Gareth43

I am getting,
1 page for test 1 sub test 1,2.3
halve a page for test 2 sub test1,2,3
quarter of a page for test3 sub test 1,2,3

with around 10 omissions across the whole test, is this good or bad?

causton

Established Member
I am getting,
1 page for test 1 sub test 1,2.3
halve a page for test 2 sub test1,2,3
quarter of a page for test3 sub test 1,2,3

with around 10 omissions across the whole test, is this good or bad?

That will be fine by the sounds of things - seems like about what I got in the end. Obviously it depends on how big the grids you do are!

Gareth43

That will be fine by the sounds of things - seems like about what I got in the end. Obviously it depends on how big the grids you do are!

Indeed it does, I have been using the Group Bourdon programme, printing them off to practice with A4 size pages.
It is a shame you can not vary the grid size.
One question though, on the day are the grid sizes varied throughout the tests?

TDK

Established Member
The question is - to complete as much as you can accurately and consistantly be that 10 lines 20 lines or whatever - listen to the task and do what is asked

Rach142

Does anybody know how much time you are given to complete each sub-section on the SCAAT test?

Established Member
It's two minutes isn't it?? I'm fairly certain of that, I've passed it.

Rach142

Is the SCAAT test the sme for driver conductor/roles? I'm thinking specifically of the one with shapes.

Am I right in thinking then that each section is divided into three sub-sections?

Gareth43

The Dot test is 2 min per sheet, the SCAAT test is 1 min per sheet, or so I have been told by many who have had the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.