Scaat test stress

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by amanda08, 1 Nov 2019.

1. amanda08

amanda08 Member

I've been practicing the SCAAT test for my train manager assessment in a few weeks. I thought I was doing ok with around 8 accurate lines on the last 3 (most difficult) pages. However my 15 year old just had a go at doing them and on his first go managed 15 lines with zero faults :o

Am i miles away from being at the secretive pass rate? Anyone that has passed care to tell me roughly how many lines they were managing?
    Thanks!

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. MiNi

MiNi Member

I can't tell you the pass rate but from the sound of your practice you will be more than ok. Everyone passed in our group assessment & I thought that I didn't do enough in the allotted time. Don't stress yourself,you will be fine.

4. Jamie Price

Jamie Price Member

I averaged about 10 lines over all 9 tests. Dont know my pass mark but I passed! You'll be fine with that level of completion I'm sure! Good luck :p

5. amanda08

amanda08 Member

oh, phew! That's cheered me up no end :D
    My teen must just be a random genius lol
    Thank you!

6. Tony43

Tony43 Member

Consistant is also key you want to be doing the same amount of lines all way through , I reckon I only done about 7 or 8 and I passed

7. Jamie Price

Jamie Price Member

Yeah absolutely, better to do less lines with no mistakes than finish the page and all wrong! You're not expected to get anywhere near finishing the page so you should be sailing through if there aren't any mistakes in there.

8. Ma33u

Ma33u New Member

Well honestly speaking, it's common sense.
    Children are usually sharper and much quicker when it comes to doing these things as their reaction is quicker and vision is much better. As you get older your vision and concentration slows down. You'll be fine with 8 lines, just try not to make any mistakes.

The scatt and dials are quite simple, I found the memory tests to be much harder.