• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scaat test stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda08

I've been practicing the SCAAT test for my train manager assessment in a few weeks. I thought I was doing ok with around 8 accurate lines on the last 3 (most difficult) pages. However my 15 year old just had a go at doing them and on his first go managed 15 lines with zero faults :o

Am i miles away from being at the secretive pass rate? Anyone that has passed care to tell me roughly how many lines they were managing?
Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MiNi

I've been practicing the SCAAT test for my train manager assessment in a few weeks. I thought I was doing ok with around 8 accurate lines on the last 3 (most difficult) pages. However my 15 year old just had a go at doing them and on his first go managed 15 lines with zero faults :o

Am i miles away from being at the secretive pass rate? Anyone that has passed care to tell me roughly how many lines they were managing?
Thanks!
I can't tell you the pass rate but from the sound of your practice you will be more than ok. Everyone passed in our group assessment & I thought that I didn't do enough in the allotted time. Don't stress yourself,you will be fine.

Jamie Price

I averaged about 10 lines over all 9 tests. Dont know my pass mark but I passed! You'll be fine with that level of completion I'm sure! Good luck :p

amanda08

I averaged about 10 lines over all 9 tests. Dont know my pass mark but I passed! You'll be fine with that level of completion I'm sure! Good luck :p
oh, phew! That's cheered me up no end :D
My teen must just be a random genius lol
Thank you!

Tony43

Thank you!
Consistant is also key you want to be doing the same amount of lines all way through , I reckon I only done about 7 or 8 and I passed

Jamie Price

Consistant is also key you want to be doing the same amount of lines all way through , I reckon I only done about 7 or 8 and I passed
Yeah absolutely, better to do less lines with no mistakes than finish the page and all wrong! You're not expected to get anywhere near finishing the page so you should be sailing through if there aren't any mistakes in there.

Ma33u

Thank you!
Well honestly speaking, it's common sense.
Children are usually sharper and much quicker when it comes to doing these things as their reaction is quicker and vision is much better. As you get older your vision and concentration slows down. You'll be fine with 8 lines, just try not to make any mistakes.

The scatt and dials are quite simple, I found the memory tests to be much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.