• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scania E300s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
These are what Stagecoach wales are having in March to replace our Volvo B10m's on serve 172 Aberdare - Rhondda Valleys - Bridgend - Porthcawl.

Hopefully these will be a lot better than the enviro 200 darts.

Ivo

Established Member
No front end shots? :?

E300s using the current bodies we all know look OK but nothing special. I do prefer modern Scania bodies to Dennis vehicles (although from my perspective that's not saying much; when did Dennis last make a vehicle that the enthusiast would enjoy? Or is that just where most I've known were either Darts or given 3-speed gearboxes?), but the older ones weren't that appealing. Hoping to see more of these around soon!

mbonwick

Established Member
What do you think? Should they roll this out to the MANs and Dennis chassis (which look a bit at odds with the rest of the Enviros)

Production on MAN and Volvo chassis has been discontinued.

Not sure what you mean by Dennis chassis - the only other chassis option for the E300s now is an ADL chassis.

fgwrich

Established Member
Interesting, we also seem to have had a delivery from Agecoach reccently, again aload of 61 plate Enviros...So i'll have to take a closer look at one tommorow - certainly sounded different to our normal drats!

Schnellzug

Established Member
It's very hard to keep track of what's what with these new-fangled things. So this is the new version, is it. By jiminy, those rear seats look higher than a B6BLE.
(What are the ones in Exeter, by the way? Are they MANs, or is it MEN?)

starrymarkb

Established Member
It's very hard to keep track of what's what with these new-fangled things. So this is the new version, is it. By jiminy, those rear seats look higher than a B6BLE.
(What are the ones in Exeter, by the way? Are they MANs, or is it MEN?)

The 59 plate Park and Rides/Leather Seated ones are MAN E300s
The 60/11 plates with "ex-citi" branding are AD Enviro200 Darts

Status
Not open for further replies.