• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scarborough platform one

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I Was checking times for this Saturdays steam trip from KX to Scarborough and one website it said something about problems at platform one being sorted out and the trip would still be running. What was the problem there? is that the only platform steam excursions can use? perhaps for access to the turntable?

I presume the WCR Scarborough fliers are ok?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
I stopped there on monday with a 6 car 185 set with no problems observed. There were contractors wirking on the far end of the platform tho and on the roof and the P2 side had some fencing up

markindurham

I Was checking times for this Saturdays steam trip from KX to Scarborough and one website it said something about problems at platform one being sorted out and the trip would still be running. What was the problem there? is that the only platform steam excursions can use? perhaps for access to the turntable?

I presume the WCR Scarborough fliers are ok?

I think it was clearance issues - it's possibly the case that P1 is the only one long enough to take a full length excursion + locomotive(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.