• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scenario competition - August/September 2016 creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Just noticed this thread, might join in myself! Funnily enough I was just about to make a long scenario, I may have to join in, providing I can get it out on time

DasLunatic

I decided to look back through the TS images thread for some inspiration... I eventually bodged this together based on the images in the thread.

Presenting...
RUKSC2 - Energised

Payware
RSC/Dovetail
North Somerset Railway (route)
South London Network (third rail)
Class 415 (4EPB) (train to be driven)
Class 421 (original) (AI)
Class 73 (AI)
Class 111 DMU* (AI)

Armstrong Powerhouse
MkII Coach Pack (AI Coaches)**

RESKINS:
Class 73 - Network Rail
Class 416 - BR Blue
Class 421 - Connex

** - It MUST be the AP pack - I have used Anglia-liveried coaches
* You may also need the AP Cl101 pack as I may have used an AP consist and forgot to remove it

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DL RUKSC 2.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

cactustwirly

Established Member
Sorry, I haven't had the time to complete my scenario (my exams start next week)

When I have time I will finish it and upload it here

DasLunatic

Scenario Competition - VOTING

The votes this month will operate as per last month's.

IF YOU SUBMITTED AN ENTRY:
Award two points to your favourite entry and one point to your second-favourite. If you cannot drive the scenario owing to a lack of DLC, award one point.

IF YOU DID NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY:
Award three points to your favourite, two points to your second-favourite and one point to your third-favourite. If you cannot drive a scenario owing to a lack of DLC, award two points.

Voting closes on Monday 30th May at 23:00. Good luck!

unclefreddy

My votes

heart-of-wessex - 0 points. No entry submitted

cactustwirly - 0 points. No entry submitted

Iskra - 1 point. Unable to play, lacking the class 40

DasLunatic - 1 point. Unable to play, lacking North Somerset route.

superalbs - 2 points. Nice run with the 150, plenty of AI. I would have liked to have seen some freight, but that's more a personal preference rather than anything else.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I am sorry, mine would have scored 0 anyway, after hours working on a 3 hour scenario, therr was 3 major AI problems and a broken signal, It was Western Mainlines route, which seems to be an issue, well annoyed at that :(

Iskra

Established Member
Superalbs- 1 point- cannot play, waiting for sale/technical issues to be solved on Western Mainlines.

Unclefreddy- 2 points- Overall a great scenario, with lots of AI (impressive considering the single track sections), loose consists etc. Personally, I find it a bit too long and the class 170 isn't the most demanding or interesting unit to drive. Western Lines of Scotland is a great route though. A lot of effort must have gone in to that scenario though, so a big well done from me.

Daslunatic- 1 point- cannot play, missing multiple DLC as the Southern region stuff isn't my cup of tea unfortunately.

Well done all though, I'm looking forward to the next competition :)

Last edited:

unclefreddy

I am sorry, mine would have scored 0 anyway, after hours working on a 3 hour scenario, therr was 3 major AI problems and a broken signal, It was Western Mainlines route, which seems to be an issue, well annoyed at that :(

Hopefully we'll see you in the next round.

@Iskra Thank You for your comments. I have to confess I was a little concerned at the length of time to play but decided to run with what I had.

Last edited:

DasLunatic

Let us close this month's proceedings with my votes.

superalbs - 2 points. A very well-built scenario with well-placed AI. Well done
Iskra - 1 point. The Class 40 is well-suited to the S+C, and the drive was pleasurable. The AI was rather patchy, however.
unclefreddy - 0 points. The scenario was overly long, and the AI was there purely for the sake of it. It was still a good drive, but it wasn't as good as the others.

FINAL SCORES:

1st Place: superalbs (5 points)
2nd Place: Myself, Iskra and unclefreddy (2 points)
3rd Place: heart-of-wessex and cactustwirly (No scenario)

The next cycle will start on Wednesday. See everyone then!

@ any passing mod: Could I have this thread stickied, please?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Let us start proceedings for the June 2016 competition.

This month's themes are Sprinters and Off The Record.

You are to create either a scenario where the player's train is a Sprinter (Classes 150, 153, 156, 158, 159) OR a scenario on a route NOT available on Steam. For example, you can use VirtualTracks' Berlin to Leipzig as it is not for sale on Steam, but you cannot use Berlin to Wittenberg as it is sold on Steam.
Use of Workshop routes, such as South London to Brighton is acceptable.

Entries must be received no later than 23:00 on Thursday, June 23rd 2016.

Good luck!

Last edited:

unclefreddy

My planned intention is to use the "South West Branch Line" from http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/
In deference to Darren Porters request my link will take you to the home page, the route can be found under the route tab. Although based on the Barnstaple to Exeter route this is a fictional version with double track throughout its length and renamed stations.
Early plans are to "relocate" the line to the fictional Island of New Cornwall, so anything could happen.

superalbs

Established Member
I don't know what I will use it for, but I'm going to create a reskin of the Queen's 90th HST, and it will be featured in my scenario!

EDIT: Or not! :P

Last edited:

Trainfan344

Established Member
I'm hoping to sort a free roam scenario out for the Isle of Wight Metro if I get time!

unclefreddy

(uf) Quarryman's Lunch is in the early test stage, requirements, so far, will be:

South Western Branch Line from DP simulation.
BR Blue Diesel Pack from Steam.
West Coast Main Line - Over Shap from Steam
European Asset Pack from Steam.

As usual I have not used used any reskins.

You will be taking a heavy consist of Seacow hoppers from the Quarry to Stornton Riverside Yard. As you are behind a stopping passenger service care needs to be taken to observe all signals. Your traction will be a pair of class 37 locos.

Trainfan344

Established Member
For my scenario for the Isle of Wight metro you will need:

Isle of Wight Metro (Available on the Steam Workshop)
Portsmouth Direct Line
European Locos and Assets pack
Riviera in the 50s
Class 444
London to Brighton
South London Lines
Class 47 NSE re-skin available from Vulcan Productions British Rail Class 47 pack on http://dpsimulation.org.uk/vulcan.html.

Trainfan344

Established Member
You haven't uploaded anything.

I know. If you read the post two above you will read that I have been making a scenario! It isn't ready just yet. I will upload it when it is. In the meantime I saw no harm in posting a list of what is needed!

superalbs

Established Member
I'll submit this one that I made a few weeks ago.

[158] Bank Holiday Hire

Wt2hiei.jpg

This scenario is set on a bank holiday Monday, and as usual the 18:52 Paignton to Bristol Temple Meads is operated by a SWT Class 158 hired in by GWR. Take this train as far as Exeter St Davids whilst calling at Torquay, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Dawlish, and Dawlish Warren along the way. Start by releasing the doors here at Paignton.

Payware Requirements:
  • Riviera Line
  • Class 150
  • Class 158
  • Class 220 DTG
Freeware Requirements:
  • Class 43 - BR Blue (43002)
  • Class 150 - GWR
  • Class 159 - SWT
Download here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699021106

DasLunatic

I am unable to accept scenarios that have been previously uploaded. However, given that this is the only entry thus far, I'll let it slide this once.

superalbs

Established Member
It was created during the timespan of this competition, I just didn't have the competition in mind when creating it.

DasLunatic

We will close this month's creation with the uploading of my (incomplete) scenario. It's not fun trying to revise and create scenarios at the same time :)

Trainspotting at Northallerton
- ECMLNE - route here

Trains used:

ECML Class 91 only - a future, more complete version will use:
GEML Class 360
- Class 221 Voyager
- Kuju European Assets

Route requirements:

- GEML
- ECML Newcastle - York

Reskins:
https://www.bluecode.org.uk/downloads/class-91-reskin-mega-pack/
https://www.bluecode.org.uk/downloads/class-185-class-360-reskin/
Superalbs VTEC Class 43

A more complete version may be uploaded to UKTS in the near future.

Attachments

• DL RUKSC 3.zip
    25.9 KB · Views: 1

DasLunatic

Voting will be as follows:

If you've uploaded a scenario:

- Two points to your favourite scenario. If you are lacking important assets, award ONE point.

If you did not upload:

Two points to your favourite scenario, one to your second favourite. If you are lacking assets, award one point.

Voting closes at 23:00 on Thursday, 30th June.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
No votes?

Trainfan344

Established Member
Okay. I''ll vote.

Don't have the assets needed for all 3 scenarios.

so 1 point each.

superalbs

Established Member
Sadly, DasLunatic's scenario fails to work. It loads fine but no trains are to be seen.

Thus my points go to Cactustwirly, nice scenario with the 153. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.