• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Schemes Happening in the North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolash2o

Hi,

What schemes are happening in the north at the moment please? Between Hull, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool. Also Immingham and Doncaster. So far I have:
  • Transpennine Route Upgrade
  • York - Church Fenton
  • Leeds Platform 0
  • Lady Anne Level Crossing
  • Liverpool Lime Street - Edge Hill re-signalling
I'm pretty sure something is happening around Stalybridge and Miles Platting Jn as well but can't find any sources.

The reason I ask is because I'm mapping the Transpennine Route Upgrade and others in the area.

https://railmap.azurewebsites.net/Public/TRU

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Halish Railway

Established Member
Plans are advancing to redevelop Bradford Forster Square station, although I’m not sure that it will quite be to the extent shown in the concept art.

DELAYED plans to redevelop Forster Square Railway Station have taken a step forward today with the announcement by Bradford Council that a design and build contractor has been appointed.

The £17.3 million scheme to create a new station building, lift, and to create new shops and facilities in the station's unused arches was first announced several years ago - with a planned completion date of March 2021.

Bradford Council has now announced that Morgan Sindall Construction has been appointed to take the redevelopment forward and is expected to make a start on the new gateway to the city centre in early 2021.

Another one is the new Elland station, not sure when it will open though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ground investigation work starting on Newcastle-Ashington line.

Exploratory work is getting under way for the proposed reintroduction of a passenger rail line in north-east England, 56 years after services ended.
Soil and rock samples are to be taken on the route of the Northumberland Line from Ashington to Newcastle to test ground conditions and check for mine workings.
Services could be running again by 2023 if the scheme is given the go-ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.