• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotland - Framework out of the pandemic - 23rd February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
Perhaps it's time LNER etc. introduce mask and mask-free carriages. Those who wish to be in a mask compliant environment can sit there. The rest of us can get on with it in the other carriages. Considering it's perfectly acceptable to take your mask off to eat/drink, then wearing masks on trains is clearly a pointless exercise.

The ongoing mask obsession in Scotland is depressing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kez19

Established Member
Perhaps it's time LNER etc. introduce mask and mask-free carriages. Those who wish to be in a mask compliant environment can sit there. The rest of us can get on with it in the other carriages. Considering it's perfectly acceptable to take your mask off to eat/drink, then wearing masks on trains is clearly a pointless exercise.

The ongoing mask obsession in Scotland is depressing.

On my recent trip away, I was ok wearing a mask but you did feel that say having it off in between drinks it had to be back on immediately (that’s my only complaint) but I rather you didn’t have to wear a mask on transport regardless where you going.

greyman42

Established Member
On my recent trip away, I was ok wearing a mask but you did feel that say having it off in between drinks it had to be back on immediately (that’s my only complaint) but I rather you didn’t have to wear a mask on transport regardless where you going.
Just claim an exemption, problem solved.

Butts

Veteran Member

There's no such pressure on BA Flights from my experience over the last few months.

Travelling in Club Europe it's a "Free Bar" and on most flights you can be mask free from the minute they start serving until "10 minutes to landing" when the glasses are collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.