• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotland phots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

Some good photos there,also like the background to your site.

Sprog

Established Member
Holland on Rail said:
question:

Why do all english trainspotters always stay on the station?

The best photo's can be made along the line itself, and there you have nice scenary often. Like a forest, mountains or anything else.

They dont ALWAYS dude ;)

Dave A

Holland on Rail said:
question:

The best photo's can be made along the line itself, and there you have nice scenary often. Like a forest, mountains or anything else.

Basically, we trainspot. We don't do it for the scenery, we do it for the trains. Of course, if there happens to be the most beautiful view in the UK behind it, then its a bonus, but its a lot harder to get scenic shots here because of locations of stations. Most are in towns or villages, some are in the middle of no-where, and the very few that have those scenic views, are only found up in the highlands of scotland, which would cost myself a few hundread quid to get there! :(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Holland on Rail said:
question:

Good point. Unfortunately we don't have many forests and mountains. Also some of the more scenic locations can be very difficult to reach.

However you are right, and we should organise more photting trips to scenic places (like the successful Edale trip for example)!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
AJP said:
There isnt many good places were I live and I cant drive.
But you can travel around by train ;) , and you can cycle to interesting places (I've discovered some places within cycling distance of Selby, which someone told me about, we could go there some time).

I can't drive and have no wish to do so either but that doesn't mean I can't get interesting photos at a variety of places.

Also, if we all chipped in for petrol money there's a chance Harry Potter could drive us somewhere if there were any places we really couldn't get to by train/bike :idea:

I must admit that many Fotopic sites are very dull, with the same 3/4 views at the same few locations, it gets really boring viewing some of them! However, for a small forum our photography section is very lively and I think we have a lot of photographers of a good standard on this site, better than average I reckon, probably because we travel about a lot more than average! (the lively forum meets section helps there).

AJP

Cycle to Selby :shock: I mean locally.

I was going to go to Donny station but thought I would try White Rose Bridge instead and im glad I did.

AJP

ChrisM said:
Some good photos there,also like the background to your site.

The backround is my back garden. Sky was a unusal colour so thought it would look nice :D

David

Established Member
yorkie said:
If we all chipped in for petrol money there's a chance Harry Potter could drive us somewhere if there were any places we really couldn't get to by train/bike :idea:
A subtle hint by any chance? :P

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Harry Potter said:
yorkie said:
If we all chipped in for petrol money there's a chance Harry Potter could drive us somewhere if there were any places we really couldn't get to by train/bike :idea:
A subtle hint by any chance? :P
Just an idea for now.... Don't worry, I'll get hinting when we have somewhere to go to :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.