• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail class 158 first class accommodation green seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard5608

Hi people I have been collecting pictures of every picture of train interiors that British rail had on the their system. I just cannot find 2. The first is scotrails class 158 first class accodation when they were first built I think they had green seats. Not the later red seats they used. The second is the mark 2 buffet cars which were used by cross country class 47 rakes and which had a first class section as well I need a picture of the original interior not virgin trains green trim please look though your collections if u have one Thank you

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

randyrippley

Established Member
The second is the mark 2 buffet cars which were used by cross country class 47 rakes and which had a first class section as well I need a picture of the original interior not virgin trains green trim please look though your collections if u have one Thank you

I always understood here weren't any MkII catering cars built - they were all Mk1 until the MkIII's came along.
Unless someone converted something as a makeshift job later on...........
Certainly there were none on the WCML and that would have got any MkII stock in preference to XC

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Hi people I have been collecting pictures of every picture of train interiors that British rail had on the their system. I just cannot find 2. The first is scotrails class 158 first class accodation when they were first built I think they had green seats. Not the later red seats they used. The second is the mark 2 buffet cars which were used by cross country class 47 rakes and which had a first class section as well I need a picture of the original interior not virgin trains green trim please look though your collections if u have one Thank you

As built Class 158s did not have First Class, unless the Scottish ones were different.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I always understood here weren't any MkII catering cars built - they were all Mk1 until the MkIII's came along.
Unless someone converted something as a makeshift job later on...........
Certainly there were none on the WCML and that would have got any MkII stock in preference to XC
A number of mark 2F First Opens were converted into RMBs for Intercity Crosscountry in 1988 - 89, in order to replace mark 1 catering vehicles.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As built Class 158s did not have First Class, unless the Scottish ones were different.
They were; the Scottish 158s had first class fitted from new.

Richard5608

YES The mark2s RMBs that cross country used when virgin took over in 1997 they were given new green seat covers
The Scotrail class 158s did from new have a 1ST class section. in 1993-1994?
the seats were given new red seat covers i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.