• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Class 320 Refurbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use these daily on the North Clyde line but have now moved to a different area of Glasgow. Was back on one last night and I think they look terrible in the blue saltire livery (which I think looks smart on all other trains in the fleet), look daft with the green seats still on the inside (I assume these are staying as the inside had a new toilet added so any new coverings would surely be done at the same time?) and the new noise before the doors close is incredibly annoying. I used to really like these trains compared to the others on the North Clyde/Argyle lines.

But funnily enough I'm now on 314s every day and have to say they look better after refurb both inside and out.

Anyone else think the new 320s look poor and anyone else got any trains they think actually became worse after a refurb?

I can't find any new pics of the new 320s unfortunately to show a comparison but they were smart in the cream and maroon.

800px-SPT320s_Helensburgh.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
I thought they were getting the full works but were having some work done at Doncaster and the rest elsewhere.

They are now coupled up with 318s on my commute, I actually avoid them and go to the 318 portion. The seats seem to be smaller as well and the door noise is incredible if you happen to stand at the doors

Status
Not open for further replies.