• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Class 68 Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photohunter71

There’s an option in the performance recovery plan to extend until December 2020. Given it’s extremely unlikely that HST availability will be resolved by May I’d be reasonably confident that it will be extended to December 2020.

Thanks for the info! Nice to know they'll still be stepping up the power whilst rumbling past my flat this time next year!:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oscar46016

Hi, resurrecting this thread ( Once More ) - I read somewhere that the Fife Circles stopped in March and may return with Mk3s later this year?
Anybody know if this is correct, or have they just stopped for Lock down?
Thanks

Established Member
Hi, resurrecting this thread ( Once More ) - I read somewhere that the Fife Circles stopped in March and may return with Mk3s later this year?
Anybody know if this is correct, or have they just stopped for Lock down?
Thanks
The contract ends at the May Timetable change.

fgwrich

Established Member
Probably sold off for preservation and scrap.

The ScotRail liveried Mk2s have returned back to Riviera Trains and some have already been repainted back into BR Blue Grey with Inter-City branding, while DRS Will no doubt keep their own liveried Mk2s which replaced the ScotRail ones. Well, that's until they have another change of heart / traction policy and sell them on again.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
DRS Will no doubt keep their own liveried Mk2s which replaced the ScotRail ones

What use are they going to be put to? Surely they are likely to go for scrap now (as of course the Riviera ones might as well if the new normal means that their business model is no longer plausible)?

xotGD

Established Member
Presumably the two 68s will get repainted back into DRS colours fairly quickly.

If they don't, then perhaps use of Mark 4s is on the cards?

Photohunter71

Presumably the two 68s will get repainted back into DRS colours fairly quickly.

If they don't, then perhaps use of Mark 4s is on the cards?
There are rumblings in another thread which is sort of related about 68's and coaches on the Fife circle. I think sadly we've seen the last of that service running the 68's.
In reply to a previous post where I stated I thought the coaches would go for preservation or scrap,, I didn't consider charter work! However, won't charters also need to adhere to the new PRM rules regarding rolling stock for passenger use?

fgwrich

Established Member
What use are they going to be put to? Surely they are likely to go for scrap now (as of course the Riviera ones might as well if the new normal means that their business model is no longer plausible)?

Riviera are currently trial fitting waste retention tanks to some of their Mk1 & Mk2s - I reckon as the DRS ones were fairly well refurbished, they will be kept on for some form of spot hire work. I highly doubt people will just abandon rail tours or rail travel altogether - and there will always be events that may require an extra train or two (eg 6 Nations Specials, Football Specials etc).

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As the Scotrail 68 workings have now finished feel free to start a suitable topic elsewhere in possible future use of the stock and/or locus.

Status
Not open for further replies.