• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail collects 2nd improvement notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macwomble

The last day before the timetable change - when Scotrail said a lot of the previous issues would be sorted by - shows 75 cancellations and 14 short forms! Looking forward to a seamless service on Monday .....

Could it possibly be something to do with positioning moves. I'll bet there's a fair bit of stock that needs to be moved.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

El Blanco

Could it possibly be something to do with positioning moves. I'll bet there's a fair bit of stock that needs to be moved.
I don’t know. However if you have to cancel 75 trains in order to move stock from one location to another then it just goes to show the inadequacy of Scotrail to provide a decent service.

I’ve got no faith whatsoever that everything will be ok after tomorrow.

mcmad

Tomorrow they'll probably manage to muddle through given the reduced services on offer, the real test will be Monday and in particular the 2 peaks with all the additional services shoehorned into an already cramped timetable.

alangla

It's more the fact they're constantly pushing the changes on social media. I guess whoever is telling them to post all the promises has a very short memory given the utter disaster that the December timetable change was.
The radio ad “ticket to the future” is even worse in terms of making them a hostage to fortune

Struner

I don’t know. However if you have to cancel 75 trains in order to move stock from one location to another then it just goes to show the inadequacy of Scotrail to provide a decent service.

I’ve got no faith whatsoever that everything will be ok after tomorrow.
& does that just go for scotrail or for other tocs as well?

alangla

Journeycheck currently showing zero cancellations and one part cancellation (0857 Oban to Queen Street terminating at Crianlarich) around 20 short forms showing. Enormous improvement on a couple of months ago

El Blanco

Journeycheck currently showing zero cancellations and one part cancellation (0857 Oban to Queen Street terminating at Crianlarich) around 20 short forms showing. Enormous improvement on a couple of months ago
Have a look in the Scotrail HST thread below. Training has been temporarily suspended to bed the new timetable in. There is a strong possibility that the cancellations in the East will be back in the foreseeable future.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/scotrail-hst-introduction-updates-discussion.137911/page-260

alangla

Looks like lack of crew disease is back with a vengeance today. Combination of the Scottish school holidays starting and the nice weather meaning a lack of O/T volunteers?

Status
Not open for further replies.