• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

syorksdeano

So tomorrow I was meant to be travelling using ScotRail and changing at Edinburgh for a LNER service.

Obviously that plan has changed as Scotrail are on strike and I was left with the option of sorting a coach out and leaving on the Saturday night.

ScotRail have said that I could have used my ticket today (no good for me) or travel on Monday.

How would that work with LNER on an advance ticket? Surely LNER wouldn't be happy me just jumping on a train on Monday morning saying ScotRail told me to.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So tomorrow I was meant to be travelling using ScotRail and changing at Edinburgh for a LNER service.

Obviously that plan has changed as Scotrail are on strike and I was left with the option of sorting a coach out and leaving on the Saturday night.

ScotRail have said that I could have used my ticket today (no good for me) or travel on Monday.

How would that work with LNER on an advance ticket? Surely LNER wouldn't be happy me just jumping on a train on Monday morning saying ScotRail told me to.
If your train has been cancelled or delayed, they have no choice but to accept you on alternative services.

I recommend obtaining an additional seat reservation on the LNER website once you know the train you will be getting.

syorksdeano

If your train has been cancelled or delayed, they have no choice but to accept you on alternative services.

I recommend obtaining an additional seat reservation on the LNER website once you know the train you will be getting.
Thanks for this. I will know for next time. Ended up getting a overnight coach in the end and putting in a refund for the original tickets, as I wasn't sure what the position was and really couldn't be bothered arguing tomorrow when the e ticket wouldn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.