• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Documentary 1990s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Just came across this on YouTube and it is a rather... questionable watch.

It shows how bad things were in the late 90s in terms of capacity on InterCity routes, as seen with Jennifer's two trains to and from Glasgow.

Having did some research, it only got the one episode before Scotrail denied them access due to how fabricated it was. For example the driver and guard weren't even on the same train.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I remember watching it at the time and it was an uncomfortable bit of viewing.

the only positive, it wasn’t very pretentious like more modern day documentaries, it followed day today people being honest and speaking their minds.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
I remember watching it at the time and it was an uncomfortable bit of viewing.

the only positive, it wasn’t very pretentious like more modern day documentaries, it followed day today people being honest and speaking their minds.

I just watched it there, it's a rather.. hideous watch.

Imo it also portrays Stan and the trolley lady in a rather bad light as you only really see the guard doing his job, with the trolley lady banging on about her party.

Jennifer was the only staff member they showed in a decent light, particularly when she tried sourcing an extra unit.

Albaman

I remember watching this when it was first broadcast. I would like to have been a fly on the wall in various railway offices on the morning after it was shown.

If I recall there was a similar programme made at Aberdeen airport but I'm fairly sure there wasn't much about aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.