• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Edinburgh-Aberdeen pathed as "diesel loco"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Surely not in passenger service.

Even so, HSTs have their own timing load which isn't a loco hauled diesel, don't they?
There are (slam door AIUI) diagrams for trams on the Aberdeen from May so it’ll be those. Every chance it’s a new short set SRT that the open feed/RTT is incorrectly translating to loco. “324 tonnes” is oddly specific for a generic LH load and it would also just about work for a 2+5 I think.

louis97

Established Member
There are (slam door AIUI) diagrams for trams on the Aberdeen from May so it’ll be those. Every chance it’s a new short set SRT that the open feed/RTT is incorrectly translating to loco. “324 tonnes” is oddly specific for a generic LH load and it would also just about work for a 2+5 I think.
The new SRTs for the Scotrail short sets are setup as diesel locos with a trailing load, not the usual way an HST is. D:324:100 I recall.

The Planner

Veteran Member
The new SRTs for the Scotrail short sets are setup as diesel locos with a trailing load, not the usual way an HST is. D:324:100 I recall.
Bizarre when there are various 2+ HST timing loads already in the system.

louis97

Established Member
Bizarre when there are various 2+ HST timing loads already in the system.
I've just had a look. The actual timing loads are HSTSR5,324,100 and HSTSR4,287,100. HST timing loads don't normally have a trailing load, so perhaps this is the reason why it ends up as a diesel loco with a trailing load in CIF output.

The Planner

Veteran Member
No reason at all to put a trailing load on a passenger train unless it is a specific loco hauled like charter timing loads or 67s and such like.

Status
Not open for further replies.