• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail HST Introduction - Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CJSwan

Anyone know the HST diagrams for Aberdeen to Inverness route?

Off the top of my head... There might be others, but with altered diagrams and a reduction in services I can’t be 100%.

06:18 Aberdeen-Inverness
13:43 Aberdeen-Inverness
22:00 Aberdeen-Inverness (pre-lockdown)

04:53 Inverness-Edinburgh (via Aberdeen, again pre-lockdown)
06:00 Inverness-Aberdeen (I think)
11:02 Inverness-Aberdee

Off the top of my head... There might be others, but with altered diagrams and a reduction in services I can’t be 100%.

The 1343 off Aberdeen used to reach Inverness and do the peak time 17xx back to Aberdeen. Think it started the day in Glasgow before the 3 runs via Elgin if the diagram is the same these days.

John Bishop

0600 is 170 to Aberdeen.

CJSwan

The 1343 off Aberdeen used to reach Inverness and do the peak time 17xx back to Aberdeen. Think it started the day in Glasgow before the 3 runs via Elgin if the diagram is the same these days.

Yeah it does.The set leaves Queen Street on the 07:07, arriving in Inverness for 10:28, then the 11:02 to Aberdeen

InvHst

As far as I know an HST was found for it yesterday (141/031), same may happen tonight

1556 Inverness-Edinburgh is usually HST but is more likely to be swapped than the others owing to the fact it's a simple out and back turn

If Glasgow finishes with 2 hsts it's a dead certain its running the next day but if one missing then as you say that seems to pay the price

But are the final 8 sets already at Wabtec under conversion and are these the first of the 17 extras?
As you say 8 sets still to be completed. They tend to store the coaches at Ely then bring them over to Doncaster when they want a set. The FOs are a bigger conversion than the TSOs. So the seven coaches taken over will be enough for two sets.

Then they will all get an extra coach.

Wabtec at Kilmarnock were doing some work too, but that seems to have stopped now.

Having said that a movement to Kilmarnock is booked for next week. The sensible thing to do would be to do the additional coaches at Kilmarnock, but that's probably too much like lateral sensible thinking.

St. Paddy

As you say 8 sets still to be completed. They tend to store the coaches at Ely then bring them over to Doncaster when they want a set. The FOs are a bigger conversion than the TSOs. So the seven coaches taken over will be enough for two sets.

Wabtec at Kilmarnock were doing some work too, but that seems to have stopped now.

Having said that a movement to Kilmarnock is booked for next week. The sensible thing to do would be to do the additional coaches at Kilmarnock, but that's probably too much like lateral sensible thinking.
Thanks for that, I guess I was wondering how many coaches are at Wabtec, Doncaster or Kilmarnock currently.

fgwrich

Established Member

There's a problem with that unfortunately, as Wabtec has closed the Kilmarnock facility. Any moves to Kilmarnock will be for the Brodies facility, so any Mk3 work will have to be carried out solely at Doncaster.

InOban

Established Member
I assume that the working from Inverness to Kilmarnock today will have been a set going to Brodie's for a C3 or 4 exam.

I suppose though if there's only to be nine four-car then haven't they sort of already got them all?
According to ScotRail the latest plan is to make all sets 5 cars. Once the late conversion of 4 car sets is completed.

Will no doubt be financed by the dreadful late delivery of the sets converted.

Goldromans

According to ScotRail the latest plan is to make all sets 5 cars.
Has this been 100% confirmed (either publicly or internally)? I definitely think it’s the right decision, but want to make sure we’re not getting our hopes up!

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Has this been 100% confirmed (either publicly or internally)? I definitely think it’s the right decision, but want to make sure we’re not getting our hopes up!

I agree but while it's been mentioned I still have seen anything concrete from ScotRail themselves, not that that explicitly rules it out of course.

Goldromans

I agree but while it's been mentioned I still have seen anything concrete from ScotRail themselves, not that that explicitly rules it out of course.
Very true, however as you’ve said every time someone mentions this they fail to back it up and someone else refutes it. I really hope it’s true, but I won’t believe it until I hear it from a reliable source.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Very true, however as you’ve said every time someone mentions this they fail to back it up and someone else refutes it. I really hope it’s true, but I won’t believe it until I hear it from a reliable source.

I take the same attitude as yourself and that's part of the reason I thought the rake of TS heading to Doncaster might've been for the original 5-car sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.