• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail HST Introduction - Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Paddy

At 245 tonnes and 95mph this must be the set that went behind a 47 for warranty work a couple of months ago. Taking the scenic route via the Tyne Valley, must need turned
Or more 5th coaches. The last lot went up loco hauled between barriers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steven_G

Nothing arrived at Cadder yet, first 5 car derailed under test (unrelated) and stock still at Wabtec

I don’t think they are quite ready for envisioned full timetable of 4/5 car HST running next week.

gordonjahn

Nothing arrived at Cadder yet, first 5 car derailed under test (unrelated) and stock still at Wabtec

I don’t think they are quite ready for envisioned full timetable of 4/5 car HST running next week.
Cadder doesn't look ready to take anything - lots of orange visible yesterday.

Looked like work installing servicing facilities with a big gantry to carry services over to a paved service area (filling and CET emptying?) at the west end.

Huge progress since I last passed, but just doesn't look ready to accept anything yet.

InvHst

Diagrams don't fully return from next week so the full timetable won't definitely come until an increase in passenger numbers and relies on cadder being operational as then they can store more sets their freeing up Haymarket a bit

Seen on WNXX that 43030 has moved from Glasgow Works to haymarket, I'm assuming it may return to service or is it becoming a spare donor like 43185.

Any news on 43128 which I'm assuming it hasn't worked a scotrail train when it was repainted in October 2018

Last edited:

Steven_G

And rolling …..

How do you find out the configuration? ie is it all “5th” coaches ? Or the remedial work coaches+ ?

Devon Sunset

Seen on WNXX that 43030 has moved from Glasgow Works to haymarket, I'm assuming it may return to service or is it becoming a spare donor like 43185.

Any news on 43128 which I'm assuming it hasn't worked a scotrail train when it was repainted in October 2018
43030 is to be stripped for spares and 43128 is being slowly rebuilt after being used as a spares donor.

59CosG95

Established Member

Also reported that 43140 and all coaches of HA22 have been 'disposed of', i.e. scrapped. Inevitable, really.

Highlandspring

Established Member
Also reported that 43140 and all coaches of HA22 have been 'disposed of', i.e. scrapped. Inevitable, really.

They are still in existence and located at Glasgow Works for now. They'll be moving to an alternate storage facility at some point but they will be retained until the COPFS has concluded the Fatal Accident Inquiry, which is likely to take a few years.

najaB

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure that in this context "disposed of" means that they have been written off by ScotRail and are no longer their property. As @Highlandspring said, it's unlikely that they'll be scrapped any time soon.

Last edited:

scotraildriver

Established Member
They are still in existence and located at Glasgow Works for now. They'll be moving to an alternate storage facility at some point but they will be retained until the COPFS has concluded the Fatal Accident Inquiry, which is likely to take a few years.
They moved from Glasgow works a couple of weeks ago. They were all lifted onto low loaders and removed. One got stuck blocking Springburn road for a good while

On Moderation
I'm pretty sure that in this context "disposed of" means that they have been written off by ScotRail and are no longer their property. As @Highlandspring said, it's unlikely that they'll be scrapped any time soon.
43140 and HA22 were off leased some weeks ago by ScotRail. It will be Angel (and their insurers) that will have written them off. ScotRail don’t own them.

Highlandspring

Established Member
They moved from Glasgow works a couple of weeks ago. They were all lifted onto low loaders and removed. One got stuck blocking Springburn road for a good while
Ah thanks for the update, I was led to believe it would be the towards the end of May/start of June they were moving.

najaB

Veteran Member
43140 and HA22 were off leased some weeks ago by ScotRail. It will be Angel (and their insurers) that will have written them off. ScotRail don’t own them.
Sorry, thanks for the correction. I was originally going to write "ScotRail no longer count them as assets" but got lazy.

InOban

Established Member
Reported on HSTgen as 57312 + 6340,42185,42144,42054,42077,6330
Not being an obsessive record keeper, are these more of the additional '5th coaches' or is the set which was taken South for warranty work some time ago?

On Moderation
Not being an obsessive record keeper, are these more of the additional '5th coaches' or is the set which was taken South for warranty work some time ago?
More '5th vehicles'. There's just five more to be delivered to complete the order following this delivery.

InOban

Established Member
Thanks.

AIR that at Wabtec there's also a complete set with power cars and another without?

Last edited:
Any news on 43133 as this is one of only two Scotrail power cars that I haven’t yet had for haulage (the other of course being 43128)

I have 43133 as having not worked a service for Scotrail since around the 2nd September 2019 - not even sure where it currently is but I’m assuming it’s somewhere in Haymarket?

InvHst

Any news on 43133 as this is one of only two Scotrail power cars that I haven’t yet had for haulage (the other of course being 43128)

I have 43133 as having not worked a service for Scotrail since around the 2nd September 2019 - not even sure where it currently is but I’m assuming it’s somewhere in Haymarket?

43133 last seen working was 4th December 2020 in Perth however believe it is somewhere in Haymarket still

scotraildriver

Established Member
It has taken 43185s place inside along with 43128. Missing some bits and been used for fitter training. 185 now blocking one of the servicing roads.

43133 last seen working was 4th December 2020 in Perth however believe it is somewhere in Haymarket still
43133 definitely hasn’t worked any services for Scotrail since at least the start of September 2019 - if it had been out around your said date I would’ve had it for haulage. Can only assume you’re thinking of 43033? As it was through Perth a few times around the 4th December 2020

Steven_G

Are we short of power cars for full service?

I know only the rear power car survived the Stonehaven accident but with a number of power cars listed above as donors are we able to have 25/26 sets out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.