• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

scotrail online application Help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

21:38

I'm trying to apply for a gate line assistant role on the first website. But I enter all my details and press submit but all I get is an error message saying job title missing. It then defaults to the home page, when I log in I have uncompleted application and all I have put in has been lost. I have done this three times, could anybody help? I'm cracking up
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry first post written a bit stressed, I will try to clarify. I started my application and completed the first page of personal details and attached my cv, but as I was in a net cafe I saved as draft as I was short on time. At home I went back into my account and clicked on uncompleted application which opened up my original details so I clicked continue to second screening page, completed pressed submit and got an error message. I phoned and first said I had gone over time limit and to try again, so I went back to complete the second page, first page is now locked as completed but three times again I complete it to have error message and loose all my work. Has anyone else encountered this? I'm so confused!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
When is the deadline for applications? I was going to suggest giving them a ring on Monday but of course it is the Bank Holiday.

Hi thanks for your reply, I did phone them yesterday after the first time and lady said that it was because I had gone over the 2 hour time limit or that was her best guess, so I timed next one and not over limit but the office had closed to reopen Wednesday. It's just I have 3 days off work so I thought ideal time before I return to late shifts.

Established Member
The thing I do now when completing applications on line is to take a note of the questions, and log out. Write out the questions in a Word document, then go back and cut and paste. It is annoying that it times out, and I've done it a few times myself where I've then lost half an application before.

Beveridges

Established Member
The First Group online application is a pain. It is a constant fight against the User Interface. Getting the thing submitted is as much of a challenge as deciding what to write!

reapz

copy paste is your friend , read the questions write them all down , log out then answer all questions on notepad then simply press cntrl v or right click then paste.

takes a bout 2 mins , also u save all that to your hdd and can use again , edit easily

Thanks for all your replys, I've tried the good old cut and paste method and seem to have success. I totally agree, Its harder to work out the interface than answer the questions. got my doubts about my quality but hey Ho if its to be
Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.