• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Rail Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazr

Taking a gamble last Black Friday, I booked 10 days in Glasgow in July for a good price, thinking I'll make use of the Spirit of Scotland Rover. It appears however that this has not been available since Lockdown 1. Anyone with insider knowledge know if this will be returning (preferably by July!)? Other Scotrail rovers are also unavailable... it's like they don't want visitors.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 466

Established Member
The reason behind their withdrawal was because they offer discounted/free travel on ferries that arent running or are with very limited capacity. I personally have no interest in travelling on boats (:D), but it does mean I had to change my trip planned for a weeks time. Why they couldn't just remove the ferry travel then sell it as a rail rover I dont know...

Haywain

Veteran Member
The reason behind their withdrawal was because they offer discounted/free travel on ferries that arent running or are with very limited capacity. I personally have no interest in travelling on boats (:D), but it does mean I had to change my trip planned for a weeks time. Why they couldn't just remove the ferry travel then sell it as a rail rover I dont know...
Mmm...
it's like they don't want visitors.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Taking a gamble last Black Friday, I booked 10 days in Glasgow in July for a good price, thinking I'll make use of the Spirit of Scotland Rover. It appears however that this has not been available since Lockdown 1. Anyone with insider knowledge know if this will be returning (preferably by July!)? Other Scotrail rovers are also unavailable... it's like they don't want visitors.
Still not available now. I wrote to Scotrail who replied with some nonsense about ferry connections not being available. They have no idea when it will be on sale again. Who cares about ferries? I wonder what proportion of buyers use the rover on ferries.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Are those Scottish rovers that don't involve ferry travel readily available? E.g. "Central Scotland Rover".

Status
Not open for further replies.