• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy_1

Hi guys, just checking if anyone else sat the group bourdon test back in February? I sat the test and passed, had contact at the end of February but nothing since. I’m hoping this is down to covid and things are just on hold. Has anyone had anymore contact from them? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

beeman05

I know someone who is a trainee driver with Scotrail and since March they have paused everything including recruitment. They dont have a date suggesting when they will be back at work yet so I imagine if you passed the group bourdon in Feb you should hopefully hear something positive later in the year :)

Billy_1

I know someone who is a trainee driver with Scotrail and since March they have paused everything including recruitment. They dont have a date suggesting when they will be back at work yet so I imagine if you passed the group bourdon in Feb you should hopefully hear something positive later in the year :)

bawbster

Hi guys, just checking if anyone else sat the group bourdon test back in February? I sat the test and passed, had contact at the end of February but nothing since. I’m hoping this is down to covid and things are just on hold. Has anyone had anymore contact from them? Thanks
Mine's was similar, passed and had an interview set for March, they phoned and emailed me the Monday before to cancel it, haven't heard anything since. However they readvertised the same job few weeks back which I applied for with roughly the same answers as before and I failed that one.

Billy_1

Was that scotrail as well? When did you sit the bourdon test? Speaking with others working there already, we should be contacted once they get things back to normal. So even if your second application wasn’t successful hopefully you’ll still be on record and will be contacted. I didn’t even see the job advertised again.

bawbster

Was that scotrail as well? When did you sit the bourdon test? Speaking with others working there already, we should be contacted once they get things back to normal. So even if your second application wasn’t successful hopefully you’ll still be on record and will be contacted. I didn’t even see the job advertised again.
Yeah, that was Scotrail. Sat my test in February and after cancellation it is to be rescheduled at a later date (but being the rail industry, that could be anytime in the next 12 months). The job was advertised again in May

Billy_1

I think I was on the 5th February, got a text that day to say I’d passed all the tests. Hadn’t heard anything about an interview yet, I suppose it also depends on jobs available for your area. Good luck, hopefully things get moving quickly when they try and get back to normal.

bawbster

I think I was on the 5th February, got a text that day to say I’d passed all the tests. Hadn’t heard anything about an interview yet, I suppose it also depends on jobs available for your area. Good luck, hopefully things get moving quickly when they try and get back to normal.
Tell a lie, my assesment was 11th March, passed and intervirw was scheduled 27/03 but got cancelled on the 23rd.

On another note I applied for a ticket examiner job last year and heard nothing, assumed I didn't get past the application stage, then in February they contacted me asking if I wss still intrrested and gave me the online test and passed that (got a reply within a few hours of that one) and then nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.