• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail repaint countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Good video (is it yours?)

Still haven't got the vinyls on it yet, though!

Was that on a Kilmarnock diversion, or going to/from Stranraer?

shark1873

@me123

thanks mate:) yes it was me that took the video i believe it was the newcastle service because of the time it past it would fit in with the timetable

is going out tommorrow morning too see if i can get it in glasgow central
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
just incase this has not been mentioned yet

first GBRf have the contract to move the 318's and 320's from sheilds depot to railcare in springburn no dates known on moves as yet though

Last edited:

I've been to Waverley 3 times this month, and I've seen 158789 every time :)

Actually, 158786 is also in the same unbranded blue livery, saw it last weekend

IIRC 158786/789 are Northern units, subleased to Scotrail. The livery you see, is base Northern Blue, ready for when they transfer back to Northern. I believe they were due to move in December, but Scotrail needed them. They were both painted at Newton Heath paintshop last year, in readiness for their transfer South.

laseandre

Established Member
@me123

thanks mate:) yes it was me that took the video i believe it was the newcastle service because of the time it past it would fit in with the timetable

is going out tommorrow morning too see if i can get it in glasgow central
just incase this has not been mentioned yet

first GBRf have the contract to move the 318's and 320's from sheilds depot to railcare in springburn no dates known on moves as yet though

Since when did First GBRf have it? I thought a 57 hauled the first one up there?

Established Member
IIRC 158786/789 are Northern units, subleased to Scotrail. The livery you see, is base Northern Blue, ready for when they transfer back to Northern. I believe they were due to move in December, but Scotrail needed them. They were both painted at Newton Heath paintshop last year, in readiness for their transfer South.

That would explain the white stripe on them.
I thought it was a little odd as the new FSR livery doesnt have that, I hadn't considered that it could be because it's going to be painted in a different livery :)

shark1873

First GBRf secures first Scottish Railcare contract
25 September 2008

First GBRf has secured a six-year contract with Railcare Limited in Scotland for the movement of rail units in Glasgow for maintenance exams.

The new contract, which started on Friday 19 September, with the first movement of 318 units marks the first time the freight haulier has won a contract of its kind in Scotland, marking the ongoing expansion and growth of its services across Britain.

Under the terms of the new deal First GBRf will provide an all- inclusion service to move Class 318s and 320s three car units, which are being used by First ScotRail, from Shields Depot to Springburn in Glasgow

taken from the GBRf website
my bad just read it correctly that is just for maintenance exams sorry:(

me123

Established Member
It does look spiffing, and much better than the SPT livery! And I loved the SPT livery.

me123

Established Member
It has/had a little NL car sticker in one cab, as seen here. Don't know if it's still there, though; haven't seen 502 in a while.

rossco156433

Speaking of nameplates, couldnt help but notice is shark1873's video that 433 has lost its nameplate. Does anyone know if is be permanent or will it be fitted again?

shark1873

i noticed the underground walkway that takes u from platfrom 1 to 2 at coatbridge central got the white walls and blue hand rail treatement last week:P

the rest of the station still spt style tho

me123

Established Member
Same at Hyndland.

I have to wonder why they're wasting their money with Coatbridge Central though; it's one of my local stations and I doubt I've used more than ten times!

They are fairly gettingt through them now.

I would think Coatbridge and Hyndland will get the whole Saltire ScotRail treatment

Last edited:

laseandre

Established Member
Partick is fully in ScotRail colours, though I'm not sure about the Platform signs, it has ScotRail signs in the entrance hall.

shark1873

well i been to coatbridge central alot tho i live beside hillington west goto coatbridge central for the freight :p

coatbridge badly needs that repaint! but there again so do so many spt stations! i notice hamilton central is it? still have strathclyde transport orange colours on the station building

shark1873

the latest 156 ( 156437) was supposed to be out of railcare yesterday . i aint heard that it is out yet?

i take it you all know that this 156 is going to be different than the other 2 156's supposdly it to have more than just the usual vinyl on it so i been told
ahh i always get them to hamilton stations mixed up :P

Last edited:

laseandre

Established Member
156437 isn't out yet, but when it is, I've heard from a good source that it will have special "Homecoming 2009" vinyls applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.