• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail & Social Distancing - Infrequent Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leisurefirst

Advice appreciated please.
Due to make an Inverness to Kyle journey this Summer.
Have been keeping an eye out for Advance tickets for some time for our chosen date to no avail.
After looking again today for one ticket rather than two with a Two Together railcard I discovered why... there appears to be only one Advance ticket per service.
My question therefore is... had I been able to buy Advance tickets I would expect to be carried on the service but as I will have to buy two Anytime tickets I am concerned that we might be denied travel if the train is full?
As the trains are sometimes hours apart... how is this working please? First come first served... then wait for the next one...? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Advice appreciated please.
Due to make an Inverness to Kyle journey this Summer.
Have been keeping an eye out for Advance tickets for some time for our chosen date to no avail.
After looking again today for one ticket rather than two with a Two Together railcard I discovered why... there appears to be only one Advance ticket per service.
My question therefore is... had I been able to buy Advance tickets I would expect to be carried on the service but as I will have to buy two Anytime tickets I am concerned that we might be denied travel if the train is full?
As the trains are sometimes hours apart... how is this working please? First come first served... then wait for the next one...? Thanks.
Have you checked (online? Scotrail Twitter?) whether you can get reservations with Anytime /Offpeak tickrts?

Leisurefirst

Have you checked (online? Scotrail Twitter?) whether you can get reservations with Anytime /Offpeak tickrts?
Good point, should've thought to do a booking.
Does offer me a reserved "place".
I assume these are a certain number but I don't know.

route101

Established Member
I thought Scotrail had stopped selling their own advances. The cheap ones were like gold dust.

Leisurefirst

I thought Scotrail had stopped selling their own advances. The cheap ones were like gold dust.
Well they kept advertising them on their site but I couldn't find the Inverness to Kyle ones until I just happened by chance to change the passenger count to one instead of two and worked out there was just one ticket per service.

Status
Not open for further replies.