• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newshy37

I am looking to do one of the scotrail steam trips to Tweedbank. Can anyone tell me of there is a loop at tweedbank for a run round or if the train is t+t, if so which end is the steam, I assume on top leaving Edinburgh and who provides the diesel.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sng7

Last year the locomotive was facing tweedbank so on the front leaving waverley and it was DBS who worked the train and provided the diesel last year it was a silver class 67 on the day i saw it.

Haig paxton

I wonder if there will be as many cancellations this year with steam replacing the timetabled service. Perhaps one coach, a standard mk2 for example could be slotted in for 'normal' passengers who have been inconvenienced.

route:oxford

Established Member
I wonder if there will be as many cancellations this year with steam replacing the timetabled service. Perhaps one coach, a standard mk2 for example could be slotted in for 'normal' passengers who have been inconvenienced.

It would have to be adapted so that whoever was on the coach had no "steam experience" whatsoever.

Maybe if the windows were all blacked out, the connection to the next-door coach locked off and screens with loud and intensive advertorials running for the full length of the journey.

That would discourage the cheapskate riff-raff from getting a steam experience on the cheap.

Carntyne

Standard services won't be affected too much I reckon. It's only running on Sundays, when the Borders has an hourly service.

sng7

This year it is only running on Sunday when there is gaps in the scheduled service so no cancellations are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.