• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail to Leeds? (Network Rail press release image choice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
To be fair, Northern have been running class 170s in their former Scotrail livery in recent times before they went for refurbishment, so it's quite prototypical for Leeds.

I think it would need to be a Nottingham - Glasgow service to really tick the nostalgia box. ;)

Domh245

Established Member
As sprinterguy says, that'll just be an image from before Northern's 170s had been refurbished and were still running around in Scotrail colours.

I think it would need to be a Nottingham - Glasgow service to really tick the nostalgia box. ;)

They did make it down to Nottingham in that guise, so it's certainly not impossible for the hypothetical scotrail to leeds to take over the Leeds-Nottingham service ;)

kYmfAASCiN5tA_i-Xk0VDNYHXoD7ajRNi_4NjMxqroDiagx6Q4cbGwaxKC_15bi4lmmy_FuGOtsAbut-uxL3GESzfaZgl1GfMbPSPB-D6fhr_ZYXNnnFzo9CR8ayYJHEt5FDQ3KOXnbh-1sL7Nn31lmbNkENYJA7rZbNCr-jPvmv6FVh-CPWGNavO44wmYjBWTVdjJMA5qpbBECSTeAE8q3elylLGJ8qlJIudtoI2nLFistMDkR_3eemZ0K8tEOZQzk8bSLZqahevithkTRYggvrBLSx8N6kVnTelq6GGQLdtRYvwp6RWcsToQEVirjIIt8XlbxVHoFf5xv8gytYhoCddyagVa5NY8OrcAcSHGOmc6zYINaO3MwLDGfKjS_f9EKxaSuTOsqFReKglPSo6eZ2-K3AgJPXn7nuhGeYuDrXF0BJKCGHggCL9B-Cghl8Dka4gnh6d62CuVECcqds1pg1whVL82pnG0pN451cr1vSHjEvVPvtCcSysPEtu-n4CtbVLA30lycu1aCaQy1gPMjnH27VMCciHBYUjXL_-ah9JS_drSpCE3wscIophB9S0mNEPaA2U9Z8oLb3rDovQQP8i7ZuIdpYqCmVKOllUqjVPbdIXRXOg3gMHbE_VYRQWRuWD5Bo7ZgFDNiWCgt9TL2gJcnRMG4jTOPzCcciVsbKLDarN1x4pA=w1218-h913-no

170475 in scotrail livery at Radford Jn, Nottingham

route101

Established Member
To be fair, Northern have been running class 170s in their former Scotrail livery in recent times before they went for refurbishment, so it's quite prototypical for Leeds.

Love to see this route come back , but what stock?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
According to the image on this press release (https://www.networkrailmediacentre....in-leeds-to-find-out-more-about-platform-zero), Scotrail will run class 170s to Leeds platform 0! Presumably reinstating much of the former Midland Railway's service over the Settle & Carlisle to Glasgow.

(Yes, I know it's 'just a train' in the artist's impression; I merely found it mildly amusing).
I've seen several Scotrail liveried Class 170s operating trains on Northern, such as on the Harrogate line, so it's very apt and realistic actually ;)

Christmas

I'm not a fan of any Platform Zero. It's almost like a joke. Personally I'd prefer Platform 1A or Platform A.

Spartacus

Established Member
I'm not a fan of any Platform Zero. It's almost like a joke. Personally I'd prefer Platform 1A or Platform A.

Now that would be VERY confusing at Leeds as the platforms are all 'split' into subsections from "a" to, in some cases "d", platform 1 currently being 1a, 1b, 1c.

Status
Not open for further replies.