• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee and Qualified Drivers, Various Areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tz55uk

I think iv not got it up to scratch I didn't word things right and rushed it before I spoke to someone on this forum who gave me great advice.so I would like to redo it all again.I just no it wouldn't get through the siv

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paepo

I doubt you'll get another crack at it, I may of course be wrong. HR are the only people who can help you with that so best to contact them and they may let you reapply.
As a driver you need to make sure you are prepared and aware of your actions, if you make a mistake there may be very serious consequences. You need to get things done correctly first time, I don't imagine asking to re-do an application form will win you much favour.
I was told by HR once (not at my current TOC) that mistakes on an application form meant that applicant was instantly binned. The view was that if someone can't take time and produce a fault free application when in the comfort of their own home with no pressure then how poor would they be if they had the job and didn't have that luxury. To a certain extent I agree but there are great train driver's who aren't amazing when it comes to spelling (crosswords left in the bothy shows this:lol:). There's no excuse on an application though as spell check or even a dictionary solves that problem. It's sometimes worth letting someone else read through your application too if you have someone that can do that for you. In my opinion it's the most important part of the whole application process as if you don't get it right you can't progress. Manager's will also have it on hand if you make it to DMI.
Hope you manage to get it sorted and if not then at least you can put what you've learned into the next application.

Girner

Hearing on the railway drums that the outlying depots may go external. Keep an eye on the careers website.
Scotrail seem to be looking for new people as the internal applicants are finding it very difficult to get through the initial process for whatever reason.

Tractor2018

Scotrail seem to be looking for new people as the internal applicants are finding it very difficult to get through the initial process for whatever reason.

In the last few years it's more a case of no demand. There used to be waiting lists for rural depots. The jobs wouldn't even go internal, just taken by next on the list. For whatever reason, it's just not the case anymore.

kickin aff

I was just wondering if anybody else has had difficulties with the website?
I attempted to apply for the Perth role both last night and this morning, but was unable to select from the drop down boxed on page 3. I have tried this on two different computers, so do not think it is due to my laptop.
I have emailed recruitment with the details, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems.

I'm just finishing my application off. I have no option to select either perth or Dundee. The application seems to me that you are applying for both? Those of you who have the drop down option, are you internal applicants?
Just wondering if different form.

Nathen

I'm just finishing my application off. I have no option to select either perth or Dundee. The application seems to me that you are applying for both? Those of you who have the drop down option, are you internal applicants?
Just wondering if different form.

As far as I am aware it is both dundee and Perth you are applying for not just one depot.

Chaz15

Probably a silly question but when it asks what is your nearest rail station, would that be the closest out of Dundee/Perth or closest from your home address?

OfficialRG90

How long would you expect to wait before you know if you’ve been selected or not? I assume at least until the post closes.

paepo

How long would you expect to wait before you know if you’ve been selected or not? I assume at least until the post closes.
Depending on volume of applicants it could be anything from 2weeks to 2months. Since there are several vacancies open at the same time they may wait for all to be done before starting doing assessment days.
Not sure how they are doing these jobs but some will state that due to the number of applicants they won't respond if unsuccessful, it will state that on the advert if that's the case though. I'm sure I read that the last few roles that went external people got rejection emails if they didn't make the sift.

OfficialRG90

Depending on volume of applicants it could be anything from 2weeks to 2months. Since there are several vacancies open at the same time they may wait for all to be done before starting doing assessment days.
Not sure how they are doing these jobs but some will state that due to the number of applicants they won't respond if unsuccessful, it will state that on the advert if that's the case though. I'm sure I read that the last few roles that went external people got rejection emails if they didn't make the sift.
Cool stuff. Fingers and toes crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.