• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

kitwaller

I've got my telephone interview booked for next week. Has anyone already had theirs? If so did they call on a mobile number or house number as I'm working down south next week when my interview is?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jydo

My phone interview is booked for next Weds at 2pm. I will take my lunch break around then. Im sure First will try your mobile after they discover your not at your house phone. Good luck

G36

Got my application in. Passed online assessments ok.. Now still waiting to hear about telephone interview, is anyone else in same position? Or has everybody heard about the interview already

scotraildriver

Established Member
They will ask "tell me about a time......." type questions to which all your replies must relate to how safety is your number 1 priority. End of. Safety safety safety.

Jydo

Got my application in. Passed online assessments ok.. Now still waiting to hear about telephone interview, is anyone else in same position? Or has everybody heard about the interview already

Does it say on your webpage log in that both assessments were successful? I know someone who passed SJT & sat the next test (thinking he passed) but hasnt heard anything else?? I got confirmation that I passed the 2nd test within 20mins

Murf

I passed the online tests last week and got an email on Wednesday confirming they were organising the next steps and would be back in touch, still no word on the phone interview though. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

G36

Yeah I got the same email stating I had passed both and they were organising next steps. Hopefully hear tomorrow although I know the paper sift is difficult re the application itself. I'm reassured knowing others are still waiting to hear about the telephone interview as well

RedBum

Got email confirmation today & booked in for end of the week. All the best with telephone interviews whoever is booked in.

riggs42

Hi any of you lot from last years entry I got through first part of tests then put on hold since then ,been told after contacting HR that they will be in touch regarding this entry but getting worried haven't done any of these online tests yet.

rocky1807

Hi, does anyone know what sort of questions to expect during the telephone interview?

Riggs42 - i queried my application from last year but they changed the whole application process and was advised to re-apply when they advertised.

Gotta say its been a week now since I got the congratulations you passed both tests we'll get back to you. I've got a really bad feeling the next contact will be hi we've found better people than you but we will put you on file should any future opportunities arise, swear to god for the amount of times I've spent in firsts holding pool, when do I get to be free willy and actually risk one of my two lives out on the ocean of attempting to get on a trainee course. I honestly after at least 4 attempts might give up, failing straight away would be bad, failing both your lives would be bad but at least you know you got to a glass ceiling. Getting put in a holding pool is like stuck at a nightclub door by the bouncer cos it's to full bloody annoying, oh well anyone seen my rubber ring and arm bands?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Good luck to the guys and gals getting their phone interviews this week.

Jydo

Just done my telephone interview, first one Ive ever had, think im a 50/50. I put some decent things across and wasnt stuck for words but i did let nerves get the better of me........not gonna be too suprised if its a thanks but no thanks

llessurmada

I did the 2nd one on my laptop as well and will agree, USE A MOUSE!

got the email on the 2nd saying that i'd passed both (was very happy as thought i'd failed
the 2nd one due to mouse and dyslexia annoying me!)

Just waiting now to find out about telephone interview.

rocky1807

Jydo - what kind of questions where you asked? I have mine at 10am tomorrow. Coming from a sales background so not really got saftey experience etc. also got a telephone interview for trainee conductor with ftpe. So keeping everything crossed.

Jydo

Have decent answers for the questions & make sure u cover all bases, do some reasearch on the actually role itself & what u can bring to the table.........

Out of the 5 or 6 possible questions (which can be found on here) they will just select one and go into detail......why? How? Kinda thing.......

If I could go back and do it again I would maybe gather less information and use alot of buzz words.....

G36

Have decent answers for the questions & make sure u cover all bases, do some reasearch on the actually role itself & what u can bring to the table.........

Out of the 5 or 6 possible questions (which can be found on here) they will just select one and go into detail......why? How? Kinda thing.......

If I could go back and do it again I would maybe gather less information and use alot of buzz words.....

Thanks for talking about it.. Good luck. 2 questions, how long did it last and did they indicate how long it would be before you found out?

Jydo

Lasts about 20mins, they gave me the generic answer of "you will hear from us within 4 weeks" but I expect it will be sooner than that. I did give honest answers (even tho I kinda was nervious as hell) so hopefully from a personal point of view they can maybe see further than that.

I wonder if its just a clear pass or if your two previous assessments prior to the phone call still play a part in your progress?

Good luck

rocky1807

Jydo cheers. Hope you hear soon. I'll post tomorrow and let you know how I get on.
Studying some stuff just now so hopefully be prepared. Where most of the questions safety related?

Jydo

Once again good luck to everyone and dont get overwhelmed

Last edited:

rocky1807

Thanks again Jydo. Had my two interviews earlier. Just keeping my fingers crossed now. The conductors role should hear in a week and the same as yourself for the driver role 4 weeks.
Good luck to you and your girlfriend

jazza20

Hey Guys

i have been right through these forums looking for telephone interview questions, i think i have came up with too many answers worried ill just mess it up, i understand if you dont want to tell me the questions and so on but if you could tell me if they about your personal behaviours or situations you have been involved in at work :D

thanks in advance and good luck to you all

Jydo

There are 5 or 6 criteria based questions u can easily find on here but since this stage is now deemed as a MMI rather than CBI I guess the difference is that u have to elaborated more on why you did it, how u did it, how u felt etc etc etc.......

Last edited:

jazza20

Cheers think i'll just stop preparing now and let it happen what will be will be

cheer for the heads up and good luck

RedBum

Had phone interview yesterday, Couple questions caught me out. Answered them okay , could of done better. Just wondered if there will be any input of the previous online assessments towards youre progress from phase 1?

Anyone else still to have phone interview. Best of luck.

MM81

Passed the 2 asessments over a week ago, recieved email saying they would be in touch shortly but still not heard back from them regarding phone interview. Hope it works out for you m8, hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Paulh86

Just done my telephone interview, first one Ive ever had, think im a 50/50. I put some decent things across and wasnt stuck for words but i did let nerves get the better of me........not gonna be too suprised if its a thanks but no thanks

What kind of questions did they ask you to get a little head start for when I eventually get my telephone interview lol thanks

Jydo

You will find everything you need to know if you bother to read this thread