• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

xKenny

Hi all

I applied for a trainee driver role in Aberdeen. I sent the application on the 21st of June, I think it closed on the 29th. Apart from the standard email thanking me for applying I've not heard anything.

is it likely that I've not been considered? Do they let you know if you've been unsuccessful with your initial online application?

Thanks

I applied to the same post on the same day, got an email inviting me to AC around a week ago. My guess is you're in the amber band (if they have one). Again, I feel like you would have heard by now if it was an insta-rejection.

Could anyone be so kind as to suggest websites for the memory tests stuff, I’m meaning read the paragraph make notes
And answer questions. Bit I’m most concerned about just now.....

A google search for verbal/reading comprehension tests might help. It's a similar sort of task. Less memory based I guess, but a similar tasks of reading a passage and trying to recall a specific bit of information from it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saltire

Hi all

I applied for a trainee driver role in Aberdeen. I sent the application on the 21st of June, I think it closed on the 29th. Apart from the standard email thanking me for applying I've not heard anything.

is it likely that I've not been considered? Do they let you know if you've been unsuccessful with your initial online application?

Thanks

I suggest logging into your Abellio account, it will say there if your application is under consideration or if you've been unsuccessful.
Fingers crossed for there being no bad news 8-)

Aberdeen

I suggest logging into your Abellio account, it will say there if your application is under consideration or if you've been unsuccessful.
Fingers crossed for there being no bad news 8-)

Thanks for that. Never realised you could do that! It states 'This application is under consideration.'

Cheers

josecc

Has anyone heard anything back regarding the roles at Ayr, Motherwell, Airdrie and Yoker?

ES21

I have just read, on another thread, "you can only have one application in at one station at a time which is very frustrating", but a different TOC.

I have applied for the Glasgow area locations (Ayr, Motherwell, Airdire, Yoker) but also for the Edinburgh/Bathgate location as Bathgate is still within the specified travel distance. I didn't think there would be a problem with this... same job, same company, different location.

Chaz15

I've been invited for the airdrie Motherwell etc assessment centre next week In Glasgow. Will start practicing the booklet they sent tonight.

Good luck all

CalD

I've been invited for the airdrie Motherwell etc assessment centre next week In Glasgow. Will start practicing the booklet they sent tonight.

Good luck all
What day is the assessment day? My application still says under consideration, hopefully I don’t get binned :)

ES21

Good luck all

Well done. I'm still free on Wednesday...

GMac1502

Anybody heard anything about Ayr jobs, applied 29th June and not heard anything, not sure how many applications have went in or how long they take to get back to you.

Chaz15

Anyone know if scotrail use dots for the bourdon? The practice book used letters which I'm finding fairly easy, would be good if that's what it is.

CalD

Anybody heard anything about Ayr jobs, applied 29th June and not heard anything, not sure how many applications have went in or how long they take to get back to you.
Ayr was the same application as Motherwell I think, so far one person on here has been invited to an assessment day. My application still says under consideration so at least it hasn’t been chucked out yet..

GMac1502

Ayr was the same application as Motherwell I think, so far one person on here has been invited to an assessment day. My application still says under consideration so at least it hasn’t been chucked out yet..

Thats good then here's hoping they're still sifting through them, fingers crossed.