• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Cyclist

Anyone know if scotrail use dots for the bourdon? The practice book used letters which I'm finding fairly easy, would be good if that's what it is.
If its called the Group Bourdon Test then it has to be dots.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chaz15

Thanks, done a bit of research and started then dots. Finding them not too bad, quite looking forward to the assessment centre.

Hey everyone. I applied for one of the recent driver positions. It's been 2 weeks since it shut. I signed in to my Abellio account and It says I am still under consideration. Is anyone else In this boat?

kickin aff

Hey everyone. I applied for one of the recent driver positions. It's been 2 weeks since it shut. I signed in to my Abellio account and It says I am still under consideration. Is anyone else In this boat?

It is exactly how it says. Some people have had replies inviting them to the assessment stage, some have had knock backs and others are still under consideration.

It's not over until the fat lady sings as they say. It's a waiting game and I would say that your application can still go either way.

It is exactly how it says. Some people have had replies inviting them to the assessment stage, some have had knock backs and others are still under consideration.

It's not over until the fat lady sings as they say. It's a waiting game and I would say that your application can still go either way.

It's an exciting process but I don't won't to pester the recruitment team with emails. Maybe if I haven't heard back by Wednesday I'll shoot a message across.

Matthew89

I applied 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything either. Looking at it from the "no news is good news" point of view. Sure we will hear back soon.

kickin aff

I wouldn't chase them. This is my second attempt at the process, the first being 3 years ago. It can take weeks, even months to hear anything back. They will get back to you but it's all about being patient.

For sure. That's the way I looked at it. No news is good news and what's for you won't miss you. Patients and time I've got. Applied for the police last year In April and didn't hear back till the October. How did you get on 3 years ago if you don't mind me asking?

g millar

My application is still stating;

QUALIFIED AND TRAINEE TRAIN DRIVERS, GLASGOW AREA, YOKER, AIRDRIE, MOTHERWELL & AYR (SYS-3981)
This application is under consideration

Hopefully hear soon :smile:

kickin aff

Never got passed the initial sift. I recall at the time thinking that my application was strong. However, reflecting since, maybe not!!!!

Fingers crossed this time and will see what happens.

G-Scot

I'm still waiting to hear too. Tried to log in to the abellio careers portal to see if there has been any change to the status. Can't log in and website doesn't recognise my email. Doesn't seem to be a good sign. Anybody else had this issue?

G-Scot

Cheers mate. Seems to work now and still showing as 'under consideration'. We'll hopefully hear soon.

CalD

Hi, I have tried to log in using the email address that i applied with but doesn't recognise it, do you have to have an account with Abellio / Scotrail to check it? I don' remember ever setting an account up, just applied for it through job advert.
I log in using the email I used when filling in the application, mine is “under consideration” guessing we have to see how many people get cut on Wednesday to see if there’s space for us

KJJ_1982

how do you mean
Has anyone had the dreaded thanks but no thanks email. I think one person posted on there they got a rejection, but I don't think I've seen anyone else. I'm in the same boat as most other folk, "still under consideration".....

What will be will be!

AS1990

Don’t be too discouraged folks if you’ve not heard anything back yet. Rail companies are renound for their slow replies. There were loads of driver vacancies advertised internally and externally, and there will have been 1000’s who would have applied. I’ve not heard of any of my internal colleagues who have heard anything yet either. HR will have their work cut out getting through them all.

KJJ_1982

Don’t be too discouraged folks if you’ve not heard anything back yet. Rail companies are renound for their slow replies. There were loads of driver vacancies advertised internally and externally, and there will have been 1000’s who would have applied. I’ve not heard of any of my internal colleagues who have heard anything yet either. HR will have their work cut out getting through them all.
Thanks for the reassurance :)

CalD

Just a thought, does anyone know how many vacancies never reach the external stage? I.e would it be worth, if not successful this time round, trying to get a job - any other job - with the TOC in order to access the internal vacancies and better your chances next time?

Dan_225

Just a thought, does anyone know how many vacancies never reach the external stage? I.e would it be worth, if not successful this time round, trying to get a job - any other job - with the TOC in order to access the internal vacancies and better your chances next time?

Certainly worth getting your 'foot in the door'

AS1990

There are more opportunities internally to be honest, although driver vacancies specifically are usually advertised internally and externally at the same time. Good to get a ‘foot in the door’ tho and build a little experience!

Saltire

Has anyone who has only applied for Edinburgh/Bathgate with the closing date if 12/07 heard anything or are we all still under consideration?
Also anyone on here who already has a pass with The psychometrics, does ScotRail do them again or accept a previous result?