• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

gazza8

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Lol....and some people are not qualified to pass judgement. Don't talk to me about customer service. I've done 17 years in the military and have dealt with more situations and people than you have had hot dinners son. Good luck to all still waiting on the outcome of phone interviews.

Typical military institutionalised attitude to be honest, more situations than i have, and you know this how? better people than yourself and i have fallen at the first or second stage the application process, but your arrogant attitude to your failure that annoyed me.

Oh well il just go back to my 46k driving trains (not implied in a braggard manner, posted in sarcasm at OP)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jydo

Typical military institutionalised attitude to be honest, more situations than i have, and you know this how? better people than yourself and i have fallen at the first or second stage the application process, but your arrogant attitude to your failure that annoyed me.

Well said, your post does come across as being a bit arrogant, personally, if I don't make it any further then so be it, obviously the TOC think other people are more suitable than myself. Getting thru this entire process and being offered a job isn't just about your background, it also carries a lot of luck, character, attitude & of-course chemistry. What I find interesting is that it must be a bit dis-heartening to the internal applicants of the TOC who watch guys 'off the street' getting further in the process than them but Im sure they are professional enough to deal with it and just get on with things.

Jydo

Maybe you should work on your attitude "son" then you might get somewhere.

gazza8

is that what the HR department did during your interview? Is that why they moved the questions on quickly?!

In all seriousness though your reply sort of supports my post about attitude.

Good luck to everyone applying

debadzuk79

You are the one that keeps posting. Not me? You seem to be a bit of a bully to be honest. I just wish I could meet you in real life. Where is it you drive trains? And yes...your comments do bore me.

gazza8

Bully not in the slightest, i was actually giving my opinion on another members post, to which you started with the hostility and the put downs.

With "yawn" you actually replied to the post?

Im not prepared to hijack this thread to argue with you, when it is being used to aid applicants.

debadzuk79

Im not prepared to hijack this thread to argue with you, when it is being used to aid applicants.[/QUOTE]

You already did that. Let's leave it there.

G36

Any one heard anything re phone interview result/ next stage yet? Looking on previous threads it's not long after interviews finish that you find out.. Might be different this time

G36

Aye, hopefully mate.. Reckon should start hearing this week though

Jydo

Thats a month tommorow (7th May) I had my phone call, hopefully hear something very soon, will let you know

G36

Cheers, as has been said.. Prob no news is good news at this stage. Good luck to everyone waiting.

D81b0y

My 4 weeks is up on Fri.....still waiting. I imagine they've been inundated though.

G36

Emails starting to come through folks. I passed phone interview and on to the assessments .. Anyone else?

Jydo

Opted for the afternoon session on the 3rd - give my brain plenty time to wake up

ER158715

From what I gather, the internal candidates have been getting assessed last week and this. Seems there is quite a few jobs at some locations.
Good luck to all who are going for it. It really is worth it in the end

RedBum

I never got through the phone interview stage , pretty bummed about that! However got myself an Interview next week with Head of Safety for a Safety Development Manager role within Scotrail! Chuffed about that took me by surprise! All the best to the guys that are going for assessments, Hope it works out for you! Fingers crossed we crosspaths someday working for Scotrail...

G36

Sorry to hear that bout phone interview. Did you apply for that other job or was the opportunity just offered to you for the interview? Good luck with that. Good that there are a few positions going for trainees by the sounds of it.

BigStu

Just wanted to say 'good luck' to anyone fortunate enough to be shortlisted for the up-coming DM interviews @ Waverley for the trainee drivers positions.

G36

Just wanted to say 'good luck' to anyone fortunate enough to be shortlisted for the up-coming DM interviews @ Waverley for the trainee drivers positions.

When are those interviews? I have stage 1 assessments 3rd June..