• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Vertigo

A bit late to reply I guess. Got an email 6th July stating that the Dundee jobs were on hold.
That's a shame, at least they had the decency to let you know. Did you have to go thorough the assessment stage before you were told?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bennski

I dont think the recent announcement about Scotrail opening up 100 new job roles is "old news". The driver roles which are being assessed and interviewing are for jobs which were posted almost 2 months ago I believe. On the articles it says that the new recruitment drive is looking for customer service roles not just driver positions. They also say that the driver positions to come up will mainly be for the new Edinburgh routes unlike the jobs posted a couple months back which were all over Scotland, I think this next recruitment drive is mainly aimed at the new routes being introduced. On a side note, why would Scotrail announce a 100 job drive after they have already conducted assessment centres and interviews? Surely it is clear that this is a separate job drive to the driver positions in Dundee/Perth, Ayr and the other locations around Scotland?

CalD

I dont think the recent announcement about Scotrail opening up 100 new job roles is "old news". The driver roles which are being assessed and interviewing are for jobs which were posted almost 2 months ago I believe. On the articles it says that the new recruitment drive is looking for customer service roles not just driver positions. They also say that the driver positions to come up will mainly be for the new Edinburgh routes unlike the jobs posted a couple months back which were all over Scotland, I think this next recruitment drive is mainly aimed at the new routes being introduced. On a side note, why would Scotrail announce a 100 job drive after they have already conducted assessment centres and interviews? Surely it is clear that this is a separate job drive to the driver positions in Dundee/Perth, Ayr and the other locations around Scotland?
It is probably a separate drive however as it is so close I’d imagine the driver jobs won’t even get advertised as they will have plenty off applicants overspilling from the most recent deive

CalD

Has anyone had any movement on the recruitment front? Both of my applications are still under consideration and not heard anything as of yet

Draco

That's a shame, at least they had the decency to let you know. Did you have to go thorough the assessment stage before you were told?
Are you still considered for the perth jobs or is that out with the travel requirements.
Hi, apologies for the late reply I rarely come here. I am not willing to relocate at the moment so I will just wait for another opportunity in Dundee.
NB: For any candidate(s) still waiting to hear back from HR, I have been informed by a friend that assessments are currently ongoing for internal candidates. Just thought I share this info

ES21

Has anyone had any movement on the recruitment front? Both of my applications are still under consideration and not heard anything as of yet
I have two applications in as well, and have heard nothing.

Chaz15

I've had my interview invite for Glasgow, completed my assessment a few weeks ago. Can't manage the date but hopefully they will manage another for me.

MostlyHarmless, if you don't mind me asking, what stage of process did you get to?

Just the initial application - which I submitted back in May or June I think. I haven't heard of anyone on here getting any further with any of the jobs that were advertised around that time.

kickin aff

Just the initial application - which I submitted back in May or June I think. I haven't heard of anyone on here getting any further with any of the jobs that were advertised around that time.

There are a few on here who have done initial assessments and have also been invited back for next stage.

There are a few on here who have done initial assessments and have also been invited back for next stage.
Oh really? for the Inverness/Perth- Dundee jobs? I have been keeping an eye out and all I've seen is a couple of people mentioning Edinburgh and Glasgow.

train_lover

I applied for Perth/ Dundee back in June and I haven't had a single email back from them.

train_lover

Not exactly round the corner either then. I'm going with the theory that, all other things being equal, distance will be a deciding factor

I'd imagine they are doing it in batches. They've had so many people apply for so many positions across Scotland. You've got to feel for HR.

josecc

Ive got the "still under consideration" for my application for Glasgow. I did make it to Interview stage approx 3 years ago

pop79

Hi All has anyone attended an interview recently for a trainee train driver for Scotrail in Glasgow?
if so can you please advice what can I expect in this interview . I have mine on the 24th this month. Thanks