• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Nathen

Just seen on indeed there is an advertisement for trainee train drivers-scotland up now...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Falkirk lad

Interesting it just mentions “Scotland”....I thought it would’ve been more specific. Wonder if that now brings hope to those in the holding pools

Hazza

Could someone please tell me if Scotrail accept the “national pass mark” or has their own “enhanced pass mark” for the testing?

kickin aff

Just seen on indeed there is an advertisement for trainee train drivers-scotland up now...

I previously applied for the role in June and still show as pending. I guess there is nothing stopping me submitting a further application?

Sportman

Hi Prober, I sat my medical on Monday so will let you know as soon as I hear anything. I believe they're trying to move very quickly for Motherwell's positions.

Sportman, there was a shortage of applicants for Mallaig so if that's an area you're interested in then definitely keep your eyes peeled for it being advertised again, or even call/visit Queen Street and ask to speak to the manager for that area.
S16, are the trainee train drivers being advertised right now primarily for Mallaig as you stated earlier or are they looking for drivers for all over Scotland?

RazzleDazzle

When did you apply? I applied a few days ago but the abellio site won't let me access my account. It doesn't recognise my email despite using it to apply!

Jen17, I applied two days ago and I’m exactly the same, it doesn’t recognise my email... But I have accessed a PDF version of the application itself...

I assume that’s it in then?!

xPedro

Hi folks, new on here! I recently applied for the Scotland wide trainee drivers vacancies (closing date 27/12/18). I've been practising a load of the psychometric tests and group bourdon tests so that I'm as prepared as I can be in the hope I'm going to get passed the application form stage.

Appreciate the times may vary based on demand and total applicants but how long would you expect to wait before hearing back if successful? Thanks

Hi folks, new on here! I recently applied for the Scotland wide trainee drivers vacancies (closing date 27/12/18). I've been practising a load of the psychometric tests and group bourdon tests so that I'm as prepared as I can be in the hope I'm going to get passed the application form stage.

Appreciate the times may vary based on demand and total applicants but how long would you expect to wait before hearing back if successful? Thanks

It really is a case of 'how long is a piece of string'. I got an answer back from one company a week after the closing date and another 4 months!

Hopefully it won't be too long but I wouldn't put your life on hold waiting for it!

Nosillomr

This paragraph is at the bottom of the advert.

We receive a high volume of applications for this role. Please note, if you have not received a communication from the ScotRail Recruitment Team to invite you to assessment stage within the next 8 week period we will be unable to progress your application further on this occasion. Only successful candidates at application stage will be contacted.

Nosillomr

Bottom of the advert

We receive a high volume of applications for this role. Please note, if you have not received a communication from the ScotRail Recruitment Team to invite you to assessment stage within the next 8 week period we will be unable to progress your application further on this occasion. Only successful candidates at application stage will be contacted.

gedu94

Good afternoon!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and wish you the best of luck for the New Year!

I completed my application form last night for a Trainee Train Driver post for Abellio ScotRail. I'm wondering if anyone has any more information regarding the recruitment process. I know about the psychometric tests etc, assessment centre and interview, however, I'm wondering if anyone has more in depth information? I want to prepare as much as possible, just in case I get an invitation to the next stage. If not, it just means I'll be even more prepared the next time I apply!

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

kostantine

Hi guys and Merry Christmas to all. I am new in here too.

Apply also for the role of trainee train driver but after visiting some forums i realise that is really very difficult someone to reach the end and finally to get hired. Many test, exams and intesive interviews imagine to me very long and stressful process.

- Can someone share his experience in assessment centre?

- Also which background will be the ideal-familiar for the train driver role? Any opinion?

- Regarding the tests. In which tests we have to practice?
1. is the dots (Group-bourdon)
2. Situational judgement questions

what else?

Ιf you have any link that can help please share.
Thanks guys and god luck to all!!!!

S16

S16, are the trainee train drivers being advertised right now primarily for Mallaig as you stated earlier or are they looking for drivers for all over Scotland?
I think the current advert is for Scotland in general. I know they were struggling for the west coast area earlier in the year. Not sure if that's still the case but will let you know if I hear anything

AS1990

For anyone wondering the locations of these posts, they have popped up internally with the following locations: Aberdeen, Perth, Dumfries, Motherwell,
Edinburgh, Glasgow Central/Shields, Yoker, Bathgate, Ayr & Inverness.

For anyone wondering the locations of these posts, they have popped up internally with the following locations: Aberdeen, Perth, Dumfries, Motherwell,

Really useful info... thanks!

RazzleDazzle

Thanks AS1990 that’s a great help and a decent amount of variety of depots there...

I imagine they’ll look to fill the posts internally before opening them to the public?

Shirekid

Hi, anyone applied for vehicle Presentation job at Ayr Townhead heard anything back yet? Interviews were 4th December and application status says under consideration still.

train_lover

I can't see these on the internal site?

Jen17

Jen17, I applied two days ago and I’m exactly the same, it doesn’t recognise my email... But I have accessed a PDF version of the application itself...

I assume that’s it in then?!

You're doing better than me! I have an email confirmation of applying but no access to an abellio profile. The email didn't contain a pdf file either so I'm not sure why mine has done that. I tried to create an account, but its a job searching account and has no record of applications. Guess it will just be a waiting game for the next 8 weeks!

RazzleDazzle

You're doing better than me! I have an email confirmation of applying but no access to an abellio profile. The email didn't contain a pdf file either so I'm not sure why mine has done that. I tried to create an account, but its a job searching account and has no record of applications. Guess it will just be a waiting game for the next 8 weeks!

This is the screen I get to Jen17.

To access this I need to use a link sent to me via email, confirming I applied.

If I don’t use this link and try to log in to Abellio normally, it says it doesn’t recognise my email address (despite being the same one)!!

Attachments

• 71826534-1559-45E1-9AFF-0579DD1E0719.jpeg
    71826534-1559-45E1-9AFF-0579DD1E0719.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 32

BN1994

Passed computer test and had MMI, was informed after MMI that we'd be notified by phone call and sure enough, received call at 4pm yesterday. Conditional offer to start 21st January with medical booked for 3rd Dec. I'm absolutely delighted as you can imagine, and also somewhat shocked to have made it through the process!

I found the joysticks the hardest of all 3 computer tests, as did the other candidates, and the traffic perception test pictures felt like they were only displayed for a split second! I found the flashing grey squares pretty easy with only one catching me out because I mis-timed blinking my eyes! For anyone not sure what to expect, its a small light grey square that changes to dark grey every so often, randomly, in the middle of a white screen. I expected the grey square to be bigger for some reason but its only about an inch in length/height! We started at 9.30am and I was in central station by 1.30pm on my way home.

I'm still in utter disbelief that I've made it through!
Hi, well done on getting through! I also made it through and start on January 21st. Can’t quite believe it myself. Was a lengthy process.

Hales80

Well done on passing guys. Can i ask for the people who are starting 21st Jan when did u send your initial application in? Thanks

xPedro

Looking for a bit of help from anyone who has been to the assessment centre.

Is the TEA-Occ Concentration test the directory/Yellow pages test?

Last edited: