• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigdriver

I assumed it was for Glasgow central as that was were interviews took place and central based management took interviews

It goes with where u stay in relation to the stations ! I also had mine in at central and was a manager from Ayr that interviewed me !

Boxcar

I've not heard anything yet. I was interviewed on the 19th of March and I'm in for Glasgow central or yoker

Railwayman13

Thanks Railwayman13. Will keep doing just that. What is the best way you found to practice for the computer tests? Other than the paper copies?
Download reaction apps for your phone or tablet to sharpen up reactions ( first test, flashing square ). Second test, I googled traffic scenes and literally got my partner to hold up my phone for a split second to test what I could see ( cars, traffic lights etc). Third test, joysticks ( potentially hardest for most even though in theory it’s the easiest on paper but when you compete it you will know what I mean), just practice the materials given and even make up your own shape and do the same. With that one it’s all about not panicking!

Gedphones

The way the email was worded seems strange to me.
"we are writing to advise that although you were successful at interview we have more successful candidates at interview stage than positions to fill."
Does this mean there were candidates that they thought were better at interview than others? In which case why not just advance those folk? Or does it mean everyone passed and they had some kind of names out a hat situation to see who advanced?
Also strange that as of yet nobody has posted that they have had good news.......

Bigdriver

"we are writing to advise that although you were successful at interview we have more successful candidates at interview stage than positions to fill."
Does this mean there were candidates that they thought were better at interview than others? In which case why not just advance those folk? Or does it mean everyone passed and they had some kind of names out a hat situation to see who advanced?
Also strange that as of yet nobody has posted that they have had good news.......

Surely people will find out today if it’s a yes as the no people and the reserves have been told

Railwayman13

They will have had only a few vacancies in particular depots and more candidates have met the grade for those particular depots than expected. But they want that situation ( which is frustrating being put in holding pool but trust me much better than no obviously) as rather than put another recruitment campaign out, they then go back to the pool. People will fail 3rd stage, medical, or pull out for personal reasons, or vacancies could appear for retirement or others leaving job. Could also be they are finalising future training groups as it takes so long to train a driver, they have to forecast for disruption and time etc. Just speculation from me