• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

BRM_storm

Had my 2nd assessment and MMI this morning - glad to report I’ve been successful and it’s onto the medical now.

Thank you to everyone who replied to questions and for those who shared their experiences on this board. In conjunction with good research it certainly helped to know what to expect.

Good luck to anyone still to progress and to the three folk who were there this morning, if you are on here, hope you were all successful with the MMI!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pheanne

Well done BRM_storm. I passed my assessment on Tuesday . The girls mentioned we had to speak to persons within the company but not to appear at the depots. Tbh I wasn't fully paying attention as my head was still rattling from the exam and thought I'd messed it up. Can anyone help and tell me who I try and speak to now?

mortarman

Well done BRM_storm. I passed my assessment on Tuesday . The girls mentioned we had to speak to persons within the company but not to appear at the depots. Tbh I wasn't fully paying attention as my head was still rattling from the exam and thought I'd messed it up. Can anyone help and tell me who I try and speak to now?
Well done Pheanne, I was on the same assessment last Tuesday and also passed, I was sat right in front of the assessors desk where were you? I've started preparing for the interview and a friend of a friend introduced me to a driver he knows so I'm meeting him at the end of next week to pick his brains on the job. I asked as many people as I could if they knew a train driver i could speak to and came up with one local and one in Leeds; but if you are keeping your application quiet that will make it difficult, you may just have to try and catch a driver at the station or see if a newly qualified driver on this forum could help? All the best going forward anyway and I'll hopefully see you at the next stage.

mortarman

I've sent you mail m8
Hi Kendo, going through these threads I've noticed you have been kind enough to send numerous people pointers on the DMI interview, I'm awaiting my date and would really appreciate it of you could send the info to me too please. Thanks

mortarman

Hi Kendo

Congratulations!

Could I also have any info you'd care to share please - DMI in a couple of weeks time and interested in anything you can share.

Cheers
Hi BRM_storm, I'm currently awaiting my DMI date; would you mind passing along any details which could help please?
Thanks in advance.

Kendo

Hi Kendo, going through these threads I've noticed you have been kind enough to send numerous people pointers on the DMI interview, I'm awaiting my date and would really appreciate it of you could send the info to me too please. Thanks

No problem at all

RyanY3105

Had my 2nd assessment and MMI this morning - glad to report I’ve been successful and it’s onto the medical now.

Thank you to everyone who replied to questions and for those who shared their experiences on this board. In conjunction with good research it certainly helped to know what to expect.

Good luck to anyone still to progress and to the three folk who were there this morning, if you are on here, hope you were all successful with the MMI!

Hi mate.

I've got my first assessment on Thursday morning, can you share some hints and tips? What can I expect?

Bigdriver

Just had my 2nd assessment passed all the tests and had a good interview still waiting to hear but looking likely as the lady interviewing full of big smiles saying I have nothing to worry about

golfingdaddy

Just had my 2nd assessment passed all the tests and had a good interview still waiting to hear but looking likely as the lady interviewing full of big smiles saying I have nothing to worry about

Happy days! Fingers crossed you get a good phone call later today. Currently going over stuff just now..

BRM_storm

Nice one - hope it’s good news.

5thrail

Nothing like a bit of overconfidence eh?

I’m sure you will be a popular guy IF you make it that far...

Good luck

Bigdriver

Nothing like a bit of overconfidence eh?

I’m sure you will be a popular guy IF you make it that far...

Good luck

Fingers crossed hardest test I would say was the photo really quick ! 3 out of the 4 of us got to interview ! Hr really busy so said if not today they would be in touch tomorrow

BC25

Hi everyone, I have my first assessment on Thursday morning, could anyone give some advice on what to expect? Thanks in advance.

Bigdriver

Got a phone call this morning I am in medical booked for end of the month ! A big thanks to all the guys that have helped me on the way ! And all the pm people have sent ! Good luck to anyone else! Pm for any adobe more than happy to tell what I know / experienced on my journey to help others on there’s

Stigy

Established Member
Got a phone call this morning I am in medical booked for end of the month ! A big thanks to all the guys that have helped me on the way ! And all the pm people have sent ! Good luck to anyone else! Pm for any adobe more than happy to tell what I know / experienced on my journey to help others on there’s
Many congrats to you!

Stevos

Well done big D what depot you in for,
Hopefully its Perth as we need some good guys.

Last edited:

BRM_storm

Well done!

Well done.
Just waiting on my start date
And if I can help anyone re info then drop me a message

Last edited:

knocker1874

Well done.
Just waiting on my start date
And if I can help anyone re info then drop me a message

I've got MMI on Monday and would really really appreciate any hints or insights into the day you would care to offer?

Bigdriver

Well done big D what depot you in for,
Hopefully its Perth as we need some good guys.

Hi stevos I applied for Motherwell but not sure where I will be put as Bathgate only a extra few miles not too fussed where I go tbh! Just got told they would be back in touch in a few days might find out then! When did you get told about depots? Was it after the medical?