• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Jord85

So got an interview date for 19/3 but I can’t make it and can’t get rescheduled ... hoping I get a chance again at a later date. Gutted

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Glaw

So got an interview date for 19/3 but I can’t make it and can’t get rescheduled ... hoping I get a chance again at a later date. Gutted

Have you just heard today mate? I’ve not checked my mail yet

Jord85

Yeh they are running from 12/3 -21/3

I go out country from 12/3 till start of April. Asked to get it moved to12/3 but they couldn’t accommodate

Glaw

Yeh they are running from 12/3 -21/3

I go out country from 12/3 till start of April. Asked to get it moved to12/3 but they couldn’t accommodate

So where does that leave you then? I’ve just checked and mine is on the 19th at 13:15. Hope it works out for you.

Jord85

So where does that leave you then? I’ve just checked and mine is on the 19th at 13:15. Hope it works out for you.
Yeh that’s time I was meant to be as well. Just said hopefully can get an interview the next time there interviewing but don’t know when it will be. Pitty they couldn’t change me with someone on the 12th didn’t think be that much bother

pendy12

Had my first assessment today and had an email at 2 o'clock saying I had passed. Got my dmi interview time a few hours later aswell. I found the testing really tricky. Definitely helped by the revision but there's no way to replicate the exam conditions.

golfingdaddy

Yeh that’s time I was meant to be as well. Just said hopefully can get an interview the next time there interviewing but don’t know when it will be. Pitty they couldn’t change me with someone on the 12th didn’t think be that much bother

May be worthwhile phoning every couple of days in case they have a cancellation?

Paul Jones

Hi all. Just got my DMI date through yesterday but I’m unable to attend due to a work course. I’ve emailed recruitment straight away but heard nothing back as yet. Has anyone had experience of rescheduling? I’m hoping they’re flexible and don’t just stop the process.

Paul Jones

I’m in a similar position. How did you contact them? I emailed the sender and copied in recruitment but had no response as yet.

Topcat999

i applied for this...heard nothing. Not even a "sorry unsuccessful." Seems to be a common theme

John Bishop

i applied for this...heard nothing. Not even a "sorry unsuccessful." Seems to be a common theme

If it was for the Scotland wide recruitment last December then it said only successful applicants will be contacted. They don’t have the resources to contact everyone individually if it’s a no for paper sift.

Jord85

I’m in a similar position. How did you contact them? I emailed the sender and copied in recruitment but had no response as yet.
I just emailed them someone phoned me. I was hoping to get changed but don’t think they can. They did say would be considered for future interviews if any take place later in the year

Paul Jones

I just emailed them someone phoned me. I was hoping to get changed but don’t think they can. They did say would be considered for future interviews if any take place later in the year

I’m surprised they’re not able to reschedule? There must be loads of people in the same situation. I still haven’t had a response either way which isn’t ideal. Maybe there’s lots of people passing the initial tests so people who can’t attend the interviews makes the job of sliming numbers down that but easier? Total guess.

Jord85

Yeh it’s strange as I don’t think it would make much difference to swap around with someone.. when I passed the test a few weeks ago and got the email saying I had passed I sent them the dates I was out the country hoping it would help if something like this happened but it never

mitchellini58

I'm in the exact same boat, I passed the paper tests on Feb 21st and they emailed me on Tuesday 26th Feb with a date and time for my DMI (12th March). I'm out of the country for work (28 days). They told me there is no flexibilty as they have a strict time frame. Gutted but hopefully the opportuinity for a DMI will come again in the future.

Jord85

I'm in the exact same boat, I passed the paper tests on Feb 21st and they emailed me on Tuesday 26th Feb with a date and time for my DMI (12th March). I'm out of the country for work (28 days). They told me there is no flexibilty as they have a strict time frame. Gutted but hopefully the opportuinity for a DMI will come again in the future.
I wonder how they do it? I done mine on 19th and had email saying I had passed on 21st feb but just got a date this week for it. I could ya e done the 12th too but not 19th and they can’t change me with someone else

5thrail

There are so many applicants for these roles that the company can afford to be as choosy as they like.

They know that those who want the role badly enough will drop everything for it.

I’m not saying that’s ok but thats how it is unfortunately.

I hope you guys get another date but I know from experience that when the chance comes, you have to take it.

Good luck

Jord85

There are so many applicants for these roles that the company can afford to be as choosy as they like.

They know that those who want the role badly enough will drop everything for it.

I’m not saying that’s ok but thats how it is unfortunately.

I hope you guys get another date but I know from experience that when the chance comes, you have to take it.

Good luck
Yeh I know what your saying. It’s just harder for some people to drop everything when your away on a job for 3 weeks but it is what it is hopefully there’s another chance later in the year

mitchellini58

No idea Jord85, I was surprised it wasn't stated on job add if you cant be available during the months recruitment taking place do not apply. I stated on application form I work 28/28 rotation. It would have been easier for them during initial application sift to avoid people working overseas etc
I wonder how they do it? I done mine on 19th and had email saying I had passed on 21st feb but just got a date this week for it. I could ya e done the 12th too but not 19th and they can’t change me with someone else

Jord85

No idea Jord85, I was surprised it wasn't stated on job add if you cant be available during the months recruitment taking place do not apply. I stated on application form I work 28/28 rotation. It would have been easier for them during initial application sift to avoid people working overseas etc
Yeh it’s a long process. I applied last year in June when working ad hoc . If I was still adhoc I would have made interview but got 6 months work with a 6 month extension

Paul Jones

I would hope that if people can’t attend in this batch of DMI’s they will get a chance later. I’m still to get a response regarding a reschedule, so no idea what’s going on. I know people have said they won’t change. I’d like to hear it from them straight.

mitchellini58

Yeh it’s a long process. I applied last year in June when working ad hoc . If I was still adhoc I would have made interview but got 6 months work with a 6 month extension
That's unfortunate but fingers crossed we get an opportunity next time round, not sure if we would have to re-apply for a chance of an interview?

Jord85

That's unfortunate but fingers crossed we get an opportunity next time round, not sure if we would have to re-apply for a chance of an interview?
No mate I got told I would be considered next interview stage as think the test lasts 3 year not 100%sure on that though

pendy12

I've heard from someone that the process from initial assessment to final interview is pretty quick due to the company wanting to commence training very soon.