• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Frodo

Hi frodo

I am in the same boat as you.. applied last June , sat a test in February and got an interview date for tomorrow but I am out the country, so hoping a few months down the line there is another chance, good luck with the interview
Cheers, good luck when you get rescheduled.
The key here is obviously patience. They are very short of drivers but only have so much capacity for training and so I think their hands are tied to set 'waves' of intakes. Although the long periods of silence are frustrating it does seem that you will not be forgotten and will be offered at the next available opportunity once you have passed each stage. I had to miss my DMI in January as I was working overseas and was contacted out of the blue today for a rescheduled DMI next week. So my advice to all is hang in there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jord85

Cheers, good luck when you get rescheduled.
The key here is obviously patience. They are very short of drivers but only have so much capacity for training and so I think their hands are tied to set 'waves' of intakes. Although the long periods of silence are frustrating it does seem that you will not be forgotten and will be offered at the next available opportunity once you have passed each stage. I had to miss my DMI in January as I was working overseas and was contacted out of the blue today for a rescheduled DMI next week. So my advice to all is hang in there.
That’s good to hear... I am same boat I am in middle of 3 week trip just now. If they would reschedule me for last week or next week I would have been able to sort something out to make it but wasn’t too be. Hopefully after this intake can maybe get a shout next time

Glaw

What address have people been giving for the DMI in Glasgow? I can’t seem to find it I only know it’s different from the assessment day if anyone could help that would be much appreciated. Thanks

kickin aff

What address have people been giving for the DMI in Glasgow? I can’t seem to find it I only know it’s different from the assessment day if anyone could help that would be much appreciated. Thanks

It's caledonian chambers on union street. Come out side door of central station onto union street, turn right and it's about 30 yards down on your right.

Glaw

It's caledonian chambers on union street. Come out side door of central station onto union street, turn right and it's about 30 yards down on your right.

Thank you! I’m on the train now and they’ve sent it to my work e-mail.

Bigdriver

I had mine at union street but met a guy before my interview he was round at George square somewhere

Glaw

I had mine at union street but met a guy before my interview he was round at George square somewhere
Thanks, mine was also at union street now the dreaded wait . Said it would be around 10 days approximately.

Glaw

how did the interview go?
I think everything went ok had done a lot of revision. Visited the station etc so only time will tell. I’m just worried as I’m quietly confident and that usually means I’ve over looked something haha only time will tell. What about yourself?

Kendo

I think everything went ok had done a lot of revision. Visited the station etc so only time will tell. I’m just worried as I’m quietly confident and that usually means I’ve over looked something haha only time will tell. What about yourself?
Good luck here's hoping for some good news

Paul Jones

Fingers crossed for good news. What sort of things did they ask you? Mine was meant to be today but had to postpone due to work. Hopefully hear something later in the year

Deanoo1983

Just off George Square

Rail27

Hi I’ve got my DMI in a few days does anyone know how many managers interview you I’ve heard it’s 3 people on the panel, and are they all firing questions at you left right n centre? Cheers.

Glaw

Thanks everyone. Just the generic questions you would imagine. What interested you in becoming a train driver etc. I had two people on the panel and they were really down to earth. Both of them took turns at asking questions. Like I said before they were pretty straight forward questions.

Jord85

Nice mate hopefully some good news, I couldn’t make today as out the country but hoping for an interview next time mate

Hammyg

Had my dmi on Tuesday as well and it only lasted about 25 minutes out the 45 they set aside, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though. I felt it went ok though bud had a couple of prompts to the answer they seemed to be looking for. Good luck to everyone else who made it to this stage. Now the wait begins to see how we got on

Bigdriver

Mine was late in going in someone talked the ears off him he told me lol mine lasted around 40-50 but answered a lot of the questions they said with previous answers just need to hope for the best! They did tell me they were interviewing 180 people for 70 jobs ! I can’t see them cutting that number by much just incase people fail the 2nd assessment but I could be wrong with saying that

Boris533

Mine was late in going in someone talked the ears off him he told me lol mine lasted around 40-50 but answered a lot of the questions they said with previous answers just need to hope for the best! They did tell me they were interviewing 180 people for 70 jobs ! I can’t see them cutting that number by much just incase people fail the 2nd assessment but I could be wrong with saying that
Wow 180 people is that everyone that made it to the interview stage do you know? Or Is that just who your particular interviewers interviewed. Seemed to be a fair few interview rooms upstairs and down.

Bigdriver

I was told in total from my interviewer as he was the Ayr manager but I was in for Motherwell ! First thing they said was well done in getting this far firstly .....! As we were told around a 1000 were took to stage 1 then that was the. Umber mentioned for dmi but I could be wrong ! My friend has recently started his driver training with another company and he did say to me more than half of people sitting stage 1 would fail that part

Boris533

Thats quite crazy if you think about it really. I always assumed there would still be hundreds of people left at this stage. Now I guess it’s the dreaded waiting game. I’m in for the Edinburgh depot but not sure how many jobs are going there.

Bigdriver

yeah it’s not a lot of people that’s just assuming I am right with what the interviewer told me! U would think we might hear tomorrow or Monday as they want to start the first group in may so doesn’t leave too much time for 2nd assessment medical and handing in your notice ect

Boris533

True, I had Friday in my head as the very earliest to hear, as I know today was the final day of interviews. But I was told it should be by next week.

Bigdriver

Hope so mate hope so ! Did u see people from your stage 1 at interview there was atleast 4 I was talking to before and after me in all had the same experience which was good

Boris533

Didn’t see anyone from my assessment, I was sat waiting with a couple of people all applied for different areas

Hammyg

I was told the same at the start of my interview that we had made it to the final 180 people out of all the applicants, so well done everyone that made it to the dmi stage. That's a big feat in itself!

Bigdriver

We were all
I was told the same at the start of my interview that we had made it to the final 180 people out of all the applicants, so well done everyone that made it to the dmi stage. That's a big feat in itself!

Did they say anything on how they selected people from the interview to the stage 2 ! Imagine everyone noticed them ticking boxes and writing notes down after each question they asked

Hammyg

We were all

Did they say anything on how they selected people from the interview to the stage 2 ! Imagine everyone noticed them ticking boxes and writing notes down after each question they asked

Never said anything like that at end of my interview, only that I would hear the outcome in around 10 working days. Definitely noticed notes being taken but no ticks or crosses as they were doing their best to hide the sheet from me. Plenty of head nods for my answers so hopefully that's a good sign