• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Has anyone recently sat a medical? Is there a dress code?
No dress code. As others have said, you’ll be taking off your top, stretching, peeing, etc (not all at same time) so I just went with jeans and t-shirt. It’s not as daunting as you might think, good luck :D

Bigdriver

Done 3 on railway it’s not difficult stand on one leg touch your nose honestly basic stuff squat done etc

mbkid

How long did everyone wait from submitting application to hearing back? Good or bad.

Last time I tried I had the no back within a couple of days. Haven’t heard so far this time and I submitted mine on Monday.

Taylor

How long did everyone wait from submitting application to hearing back? Good or bad.

Last time I tried I had the no back within a couple of days. Haven’t heard so far this time and I submitted mine on Monday.

I applied at the last campaign in December. I got an invite for assessment about three or four weeks after the closing date.

Scoops

Hi all, I have the first assessment day coming up and the email invite stated that the following areas would be covered;

- Group Bourdon
- Trainability for Rules and Procedures Parts 1 and 2
- Test of Everyday Attention (Tea-occ)

Can I just check, is that the only areas that will be covered and that there will be no interviews or any of the other topics?

kickin aff

Hi all, I have the first assessment day coming up and the email invite stated that the following areas would be covered;

- Group Bourdon

Can I just check, is that the only areas that will be covered and that there will be no interviews or any of the other topics?

Correct. Thats the 3 areas covered on assessment day 1. All done on paper and should be completed in around 3 hrs.

Stigy

Established Member
No dress code. As others have said, you’ll be taking off your top, stretching, peeing, etc (not all at same time) so I just went with jeans and t-shirt. It’s not as daunting as you might think, good luck :D
I attended mine in smart attire, although I soon lost the tie after I arrived. My invite did say I should be smartly dressed though (this was for GWR). I probably would have gone smart(ish) anyway, but it was a bit of a faff to keep unbuttoning my shirt.

Namedthefez

- Group Bourdon

Hey Scoops,

Best of luck on your First Assessment Day,

Would you be able to share when you applied, just wondering if people are starting to get invites already from the recent job posted with the closing date of 31/05/2019. I know its probably too early but had to ask :)

Good luck again!

Bigdriver

One of my friends got offered a job had his test on 28th said only 3 out of the 4 made it to the mmi

Anyone heard anything re their MMI ?
Or been offered a start date ?

Last edited:

Gedphones

Was at MMI today. Couple of really sound chaps also there. Ian and Jonathon. If any of them are reading this(I know Ian does) DM me and let me know how you got on.

Gedphones

Met the required standards and the next stage is a medical. Generally quite fit so hopefully that won't be a problem. Buzzing :D.

Gedphones

Well done buddy! Was it what you thought it was going to be? Ie the tests and interview?
Yeah, there were only the 3 of us there and we were all apprehensive after the computer tests. When we were told we all passed we were all buzzing. Then we filled out our MMI questions and went for interview based on that. I thought we would also be questioned on the SJE but that never came up at all.

Bigdriver

Yeah, there were only the 3 of us there and we were all apprehensive after the computer tests. When we were told we all passed we were all buzzing. Then we filled out our MMI questions and went for interview based on that. I thought we would also be questioned on the SJE but that never came up at all.

Nice one mate well done pleased for everyone that’s been on this long process . Got mine next week fingers crossed

Gedphones

Good luck all. The one piece of advice I can give is that the interview is the least stressful part. There isn't much stress doing the actual tests either, just the waiting to see if you pass.

mortarman

Hi Gedphones, congratulations on passing the tests & interview, hope the medical goes well for you too.
I attended the 1st assessment yesterday and passed, can you tell me how long it was from your 1st assessment to your medical please?
Cheers

Gedphones

Hi Gedphones, congratulations on passing the tests & interview, hope the medical goes well for you too.
I attended the 1st assessment yesterday and passed, can you tell me how long it was from your 1st assessment to your medical please?
Cheers
My first assessment was late February. Medical is Monday.

Jord85

Has anyone had a shout for an interview who couldn’t make the interviews in March? I had an email in may saying not to apply for the new jobs as I was still under consideration