• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

GS17

Thanks mate nerves are staring to kick in now and just want to least pass this assessment and show them I have what it takes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GS17

WOOP! So after all the hard practices of the bourdon test going through about 20 tests over 3 days I put majority of my practising in to this and I'm pleased to announce i have passed! I had thought i had failed the memory test as my mind went blank and was adamant i had not done enough but after 2 hours out of the assessment i had an email saying i had met the standards required! Now I am just awaiting a date for my DMI. Best of luck to everyone when they go for their assessment!

Bigdriver

WOOP! So after all the hard practices of the bourdon test going through about 20 tests over 3 days I put majority of my practising in to this and I'm pleased to announce i have passed! I had thought i had failed the memory test as my mind went blank and was adamant i had not done enough but after 2 hours out of the assessment i had an email saying i had met the standards required! Now I am just awaiting a date for my DMI. Best of luck to everyone when they go for their assessment!
Well done bud

Heres me!

Nice one

New applicant

hi guys new to the forum and also have my date to attend the assessment centre just wanted to confirm as hearing conflicting reports on this first day is it just the attention and memory tests ie group bourdon, TEA-Occ and trainability test listening dials and cables. I was planning to study for all tests including interviews but obviously maybe better to focus on above for now if possible? any help appreciated. Also is there anywhere to find more bourdon tests to study?

GS17

hi guys new to the forum and also have my date to attend the assessment centre just wanted to confirm as hearing conflicting reports on this first day is it just the attention and memory tests ie group bourdon, TEA-Occ and trainability test listening dials and cables. I was planning to study for all tests including interviews but obviously maybe better to focus on above for now if possible? any help appreciated. Also is there anywhere to find more bourdon tests to study?
Yes you are correct, the tests you will be given are the same ones on the email so the full booklet they send on email isn't all done on the same day hope this helps clear things up a bit.

Bigdriver

Just look and study to about page 40 no further ! I bought a book with the dots online £10-15 and used that and timed myself on that ! That’s the only one I studied for good luck

New applicant

thanks guys great to know so I don't waste time much appreciated and congrats GS17 on passing well done. How long were you guys in for first assessment says around 3 hours on info provided?

Bigdriver

Hi guy got my email yesterday saying I passed my medical and would be in touch shortly regarding a proposed start date ! How long roughly does it take for them to get back to u with a start date

Hi guy got my email yesterday saying I passed my medical and would be in touch shortly regarding a proposed start date ! How long roughly does it take for them to get back to u with a start date
Congrats, I already had an idea before medical but that was due to my current employer wanting 3months notice. However from memory they also confirmed in an email just after medical results and contract was posted same day.

New applicant

would anybody be able to tell me the difference between the DMI and MMI interviews, Also when do you get them. I have my date for the assessment centre and I understand the first day ia attention and memory tests only. is the correct and if so what would you except on day 2 if passed day one. Would it be computer tests and DMI, again if so that leaved situational judgment MMI and written communication test. Just trying to get an understanding of the process and what to except on each day. any help would be great thanks

Bigdriver

Congrats, I already had an idea before medical but that was due to my current employer wanting 3months notice. However from memory they also confirmed in an email just after medical results and contract was posted same day.
Cheers all mine said was last medical and will be in contact shortly my wedding is in September so was wondering if I will start before that! As I asked when they sent out the starter packs to fill out if they had a rough start date in mind they said they would wait for medical results before they decided

Caseby

Cheers all mine said was last medical and will be in contact shortly my wedding is in September so was wondering if I will start before that! As I asked when they sent out the starter packs to fill out if they had a rough start date in mind they said they would wait for medical results before they decided

I was at my first assesment today and passed! We asked when the jobs were scheduled for and they said they were staggered between September and January I believe. I think they may give you options depending on the notice require on your old job and commitments you have.

Bigdriver

I was at my first assesment today and passed! We asked when the jobs were scheduled for and they said they were staggered between September and January I believe. I think they may give you options depending on the notice require on your old job and commitments you have.
Well done good luck in the dmi

RyanY3105

For those that have done a station visit, how did you go about doing it? Did you phone before hand to book a visit or did you just show up at a station? If you, where did you go and what did you do? Did you just find a driver and speak to him/her?

kickin aff

For those that have done a station visit, how did you go about doing it? Did you phone before hand to book a visit or did you just show up at a station? If you, where did you go and what did you do? Did you just find a driver and speak to him/her?

I sent an e mail to the recruitment team requesting a contact number for one of the depot managers at my chosen depot. They replied with his e mail address. I sent him an e mail with available dates over the proceeding 2 weeks. He then replied with a time and date. I attended as did another 3 candidates. He spent over an hour showing us around giving good info and evidence for interviews. He then put us in touch with a driver who was there who greatly assisted also.
I would say definitely do it. The information they will provide you is great for interview preparation.

RyanY3105

I sent an e mail to the recruitment team requesting a contact number for one of the depot managers at my chosen depot. They replied with his e mail address. I sent him an e mail with available dates over the proceeding 2 weeks. He then replied with a time and date. I attended as did another 3 candidates. He spent over an hour showing us around giving good info and evidence for interviews. He then put us in touch with a driver who was there who greatly assisted also.
I would say definitely do it. The information they will provide you is great for interview preparation.

You have the email handy for the recruitment team mate?

kickin aff

Any e mail they have sent you already about invite for each stage will be from their mail box. If your e mail is from a named individual from the team, just send to them.

David Henney

Good evening all, I also applied for the recruitment drive which ended In May and got an email last week inviting me to the assessment day on 18th July at 8.30, extremely nervous, but also looking forward to it, I have literally spent hours and hours revising for the assessments so hopefully things go well on the day, can I also just add that the amount of Info available on here is top class aswell

Samsanbor

Good evening all, I also applied for the recruitment drive which ended In May and got an email last week inviting me to the assessment day on 18th July at 8.30, extremely nervous, but also looking forward to it, I have literally spent hours and hours revising for the assessments so hopefully things go well on the day, can I also just add that the amount of Info available on here is top class aswell
Good luck David, would you mind tell us the depot you applied for? And how many days of notice did they give you since you received the email? Ta

David Henney

Hi mate, I got the email on 28th June, and my assessment is at the glasgow depot, I just put on the application that my local station was bathgate. The vacancy just said trainee train drivers (Scotland)

Samsanbor

Hi mate, I got the email on 28th June, and my assessment is at the glasgow depot, I just put on the application that my local station was bathgate. The vacancy just said trainee train drivers (Scotland)
Thanks for replying pal, again all the best for the assessment.

mitchellini58

Had the dreaded email from interview this morning saying I was unsuccessful. Thought it went well too
Sorry to hear that Jord85, at least you got a shot at it, the exact day I travelled back to rig I got an invite for a DMI but again missed the window, ironically the time before I travelled back I got the invite, what's the chances of that...